G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1975 cutlass fastback

4 posters

Go down

1975 cutlass fastback Empty 1975 cutlass fastback

Post by patman Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:01 am

How rare were they? I'm going to look at one as a potential donor car for my Century but if it's fairly rare maybe I'll have another project.

patman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

1975 cutlass fastback Empty Re: 1975 cutlass fastback

Post by patman Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:03 am

1975 cutlass fastback Cutty10

patman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:47 am

Wow...another nice find! Those "fastbacks" certainly weren't as common as the Supreme...but, not all that uncommon, either. The "S", "442" and "Hurst" used this body style.

The glass (with moldings) will all interchange with your Century; as will the interior plastic headliner trim, door panels (different decor), sail panels, kick panels, seats. That's about all that I can think of for trim/body parts.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:52 am

Apparently all the good cars and parts are hiding out in Maryland. Who's up for a road trip?
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by patman Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:55 am

Mcarlo77 wrote:Wow...another nice find! Those "fastbacks" certainly weren't as common as the Supreme...but, not all that uncommon, either.  The "S", "442" and "Hurst" used this body style.

The glass (with moldings) will all interchange with your Century; as will the interior plastic headliner trim, door panels (different decor), sail panels, kick panels, seats.  That's about all that I can think of for trim/body parts.

Thanks. I'm hoping that it's not to rusty, I need a trunk and floor boards. I see that they make aftermarket ones for the malibus and I feel like they should work for my century but they don't list it as an "also fits" in the website.

patman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:57 pm

I was thinking like you when I cut out entire rust-free trunk and floor pans from a '76 Regal brought up here from TX to install in my '76 Laguna.  Soon after, I came to my senses and realized the Laguna was just too far gone to even try.  I still have the floor pans in storage in case I need them for the '75 Laguna as I think the front passenger side has pinholes. Best as I could tell, they were the same.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by patman Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:I was thinking like you when I cut out entire rust-free trunk and floor pans from a '76 Regal brought up here from TX to install in my '76 Laguna.  Soon after, I came to my senses and realized the Laguna was just too far gone to even try.  I still have the floor pans in storage in case I need them for the '75 Laguna as I think the front passenger side has pinholes.  Best as I could tell, they were the same.

I would think so. I wouldn't see why GM would go to all the problems of making different floor pans for each model.

patman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:17 pm

The only difference that I've seen on floorboards for the chevelles is the seat crossmember. 73-74 are the same. 75-77 are the same. I think the change came with the introduction of the catalytic converter. But both floors and seat crossmembers will interchange through all years.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by patman Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:24 pm

Joe73 wrote:The only difference that I've seen on floorboards for the chevelles is the seat crossmember.  73-74 are the same.  75-77 are the same.  I think the change came with the introduction of the catalytic converter.  But both floors and seat crossmembers will interchange through all years.  

Thanks! That's what I thought but the aftermarket guys don't list them like that. Thanks again.

patman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:51 pm

Oops...correction to my earlier post about interior headliner and sail panel trims from the '75 Cutlass fitting your '73 Century. The sails and side trims WON'T interchange because of the difference in shoulder belt setups.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down