G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'73 Laguna REAR LOWERING SPRINGS, looking for vendors

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

'73 Laguna REAR LOWERING SPRINGS, looking for vendors Empty '73 Laguna REAR LOWERING SPRINGS, looking for vendors

Post by FumiyoG3 Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:04 pm

Hi all. I'm looking to buy some rear lowering springs for my '73 Laguna. I want to go with a 2" drop. Doing searches of typical vendors I'm aware of, I can only find one place with 2" springs for our cars. That is OPGI, and they want $180 a pop for the pair. I find it hard to believe no one else has them. Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to find a cheaper pair? thanks!!! Thumbs up
FumiyoG3
FumiyoG3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

'73 Laguna REAR LOWERING SPRINGS, looking for vendors Empty These drop quite a bit more than 1.5. More like 2.5

Post by Tdavis1 Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:36 pm

'73 Laguna REAR LOWERING SPRINGS, looking for vendors Screen13

Tdavis1
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

'73 Laguna REAR LOWERING SPRINGS, looking for vendors Empty Re: '73 Laguna REAR LOWERING SPRINGS, looking for vendors

Post by Tdavis1 Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:38 pm

These drop more like 2.5 inches.

Tdavis1
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

'73 Laguna REAR LOWERING SPRINGS, looking for vendors Empty Re: '73 Laguna REAR LOWERING SPRINGS, looking for vendors

Post by FumiyoG3 Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:07 pm

Great THANKS!!!!

Your picture says you bought 2" drop springs for the REAR.  Did you find that to be accurate?  (you said the 1.5" drop, which is I assume for the FRONT as the picture shows, is more like 2.5").  I will check out their site.  

I already ordered from OPGI but they are on back order, and twice the price of the ones you show.  Thanks again.
FumiyoG3
FumiyoG3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tdavis1 Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:14 pm

Yeah. 2 for the rear. I'm going to grab some 1 inch spacers to bring the rear back up. I didnt see 1.5 for the rear unfortunately.

Tdavis1
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tdavis1 Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:16 pm

'73 Laguna REAR LOWERING SPRINGS, looking for vendors 20190111

This is how it sits now.

Tdavis1
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by FumiyoG3 Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:17 pm

cool, thank you.

I saw the other post- your ride looks great!!
FumiyoG3
FumiyoG3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FumiyoG3 Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:20 pm

Mine is definitely in need of a rear drop.............here's mine.

'73 Laguna REAR LOWERING SPRINGS, looking for vendors Img_6310
FumiyoG3
FumiyoG3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tdavis1 Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:26 pm

Thanks! I'm a pretty big fan of that Laguna. Yours looks really good too.

Tdavis1
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by FumiyoG3 Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:37 pm

Thanks, bud.  I just ordered those springs from PerformanceOnline.  I will cancel my OPGI order when they open on Monday, and hopefully save myself $50 in the process. Beer
FumiyoG3
FumiyoG3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tdavis1 Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:38 pm

Glad I could help.

Tdavis1
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:52 pm

I ordered the POL rear coils for my 76 SS El Camino back in 2010. They had a good stance but they gave a harsh ride. I did Belltech 1.5" drop springs on all 4 corners of my 75 Laguna. Got the drop I wanted and a nice firm but not harsh ride. Caught this set on sale on Ebay for $243 for all 4 springs. It was definitely a good investment.

POL Drop Springs-Rear
'73 Laguna REAR LOWERING SPRINGS, looking for vendors Driver11

Belltech Drop Springs-All 4 Corners
'73 Laguna REAR LOWERING SPRINGS, looking for vendors 20160811
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by FumiyoG3 Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:54 pm

got 'em installed.  i'm diggin' the look.  not sure how it rides yet since i don't have it roadworthy.  I hope to do that in the next couple weeks.  

one side is a little lower than the other in the rear.  that is going to bug me............'73 Laguna REAR LOWERING SPRINGS, looking for vendors Img_6413
'73 Laguna REAR LOWERING SPRINGS, looking for vendors Img_6414
'73 Laguna REAR LOWERING SPRINGS, looking for vendors Img_6415
FumiyoG3
FumiyoG3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tdavis1 Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:55 pm

Looks great!

Tdavis1
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:20 pm

Looks awesome! What size/brand of wheels do you have?
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FumiyoG3 Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:50 pm

thanks for the compliments! Beer

Wheels are American Legend Streeter 20x8.5 & 20x10.  I originally bought some Foose Legends 22 & 20's, but the style of the front looked really weird.....the rim was constructed such that it looked like it had a 2-3" spacer behind it.  I couldn't get past that and had to sell them at a big time loss.  Ah well, it's only money as my daughter used to say.
FumiyoG3
FumiyoG3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:21 am

Those were a perfect choice for your ride. They have the right look for these era of vehicles. What size tires are you running? Do you have any issues with rubbing inside the wheel wells?

Last edited by g3chevy on Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FumiyoG3 Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:28 pm

I am very happy with the rims. They look similar to the ones you have on your '75 S-3. What kind of rims are those?

Mine currently don't rub and I don't anticipate they will, but I haven't had the car on the road yet so I don't know. Once it is, i'll let you know.

FumiyoG3
FumiyoG3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:16 pm

Mine were Foose Legends 20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear. Like you, I didn't like the way they looked with the "spacer" look behind the lug holes so I sold them. I don't know why they did just move the spokes back further in the rim. Your American Legend Streeters are the way they should look. Hope you get to drive it soon. You will get plenty of attention going down the road.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitchell Murphy Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:44 am

Thank You for your response- I now have 3 of them. Also have 2 DVD's on the 1973 Cars I would like to send to you at no charge-let me know where to send-Thanks again-Mitch

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by FumiyoG3 Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:31 pm

MitchellMurphy, i think you might have clicked on the wrong thread to respond to
FumiyoG3
FumiyoG3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FumiyoG3 Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:34 pm

g3chevy, yes those Foose Legends look nice in profile but from other points of view just didn't look right. interesting how we both had the same opinion. great minds think alike Thumbs up

did you get other rims to replace the Fooses? Foose has other great wheels, but they're much more pricey than the Legends. The Streeters were very reasonable.

FumiyoG3
FumiyoG3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:27 pm

I've actually been looking for a set of Boss 338 wheels. But from my research it appears these are no longer available in 20x8.5 and 20x10 with a 5x4.75 bolt pattern. So I've been looking ever since for something similar. Looks like you found the magic formula. Those wheels just look right for our vehicles.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FumiyoG3 Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:05 pm

I slightly lowered the front end a bit more today.........the coilovers made it a snap.  I felt like the rear end was sagging just a tad so i lowered the front end to give it exactly the look that i want.  Now all i need is an alignment and hopefully I'll be on the road.  FINALLY!!   cheers '73 Laguna REAR LOWERING SPRINGS, looking for vendors Img_6418
'73 Laguna REAR LOWERING SPRINGS, looking for vendors Img_6416
'73 Laguna REAR LOWERING SPRINGS, looking for vendors Img_6417
FumiyoG3
FumiyoG3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:54 am

Looks great!
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next