G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The world is coming to an end It's offical

+3
bigredlaguna
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
Limey SE
7 posters

Go down

The world is coming to an end  It's offical Empty The world is coming to an end It's offical

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Tue May 14, 2019 8:55 pm

I just searched Chevrolet, GMC, Dodge, and Furd. None of these even make a single cab short bed truck at all in 2019. I want a new Chevrolet single cab, short box, LSX454, six speed auto, awd, freeway crusher. If I could chose any job on earth it would be the president of General Motors. I could have that freak show circus fixed in two years. The Camaro would weigh 500lbs less, the Corvette would be, well, just like the 2020 Corvette, and a new A-Body with a 6 speed manual. Where is my job application???
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

The world is coming to an end  It's offical Empty Re: The world is coming to an end It's offical

Post by bigredlaguna Tue May 14, 2019 9:58 pm

This is why old iron is holding value.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

The world is coming to an end  It's offical Empty Re: The world is coming to an end It's offical

Post by Limey SE Tue May 14, 2019 11:01 pm

My Friend in Tennessee Has this for $3500 if not sold soon he is gonna part it out

The world is coming to an end  It's offical 60088010
The world is coming to an end  It's offical 60156610
The world is coming to an end  It's offical 60309110

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Wed May 15, 2019 10:45 am

REVINKEVIN wrote:I just searched Chevrolet, GMC, Dodge, and Furd.  None of these even make a single cab short bed truck at all in 2019.

It's been like that for a long time. Even when I bought my '04 Hemi Ram, I had to special order it with a standard cab -- everything was already extended cabs back then. I can't think of the last time I saw a standard cab pickup that didn't belong to the city/town or a construction company fleet.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by crice63 Wed May 15, 2019 5:11 pm

A friend who sells Dodge trucks says they make single cab trucks for fleets and you can order one. Don't know about the 454 part but if you are gonna order it then why not? He seems to think all the big makers still make fleet single cabs.

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Wed May 15, 2019 8:25 pm

This is my 86 Silverado.  I wish they would make a new version of it so I could drive to work.  We have been having Biblical floods down here for about the last 5 years.  I have a 2001 SS but it would be a submarine on the roads around here.

The world is coming to an end  It's offical Img_2210
The world is coming to an end  It's offical Img_2211
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by crice63 Thu May 16, 2019 12:35 pm

The world is coming to an end  It's offical Chevys10

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Thu May 16, 2019 9:09 pm

The trick is to get a dealer to price it reasonably since it would be a "custom" order.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by crice63 Sat May 18, 2019 1:29 pm

I'm not sure what "reasonable" is on trucks anymore. On the GM site the 5.3 is the largest engine available on the single cab, but it's still coming in under $40,000. Of course you can go up over 60 with the fancy tailgate and flashy grille. You've got to go over 50 to get the 6.2l but by the time you put your whistles on it it's knocking on $70,000. I guess that's reasonable in some worlds.

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by newmexguy Mon May 20, 2019 8:10 pm

crice63 wrote:A friend who sells Dodge trucks says they make single cab trucks for fleets and you can order one. Don't know about the 454 part but if you are gonna order it then why not? He seems to think all the big makers still make fleet single cabs.  

Saw something the other day stating that Dodge still had a regular cab/short box truck available.  Carryover body, it is not the '19 restyle.  So likely it is only available until the part supplies of pre '19 panels are exhausted. Maybe they are already gone and the truck is now extinct.

newmexguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Tue May 21, 2019 7:44 am

The world is coming to an end  It's offical 58461210

Way to buy these is let the first guy take the hit. Wife and I just bought this 2016 with 22K on it for 27,000 had the window sticker in the glove box listed in 16 for 55K thats just crazy.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Tue May 21, 2019 10:29 am

Frankly, you can't go by window stickers anyway, and it's stupid.  The sticker will have an outrageously high number that, after you talk numbers with the salesperson, will come down $15-$20k.  I bought a 2017 Silverado brand new a year ago and the sticker was $41k, but by the time you work the numbers (and the rep), it was more like $25k.  I can live with 25.  I can't justify 41.

IMO they do themselves a disservice by making the sticker prices artificially high.  I'm sure the intent is to make you feel like you got a super deal from the rep afterward, but how many people get scared off completely before they even get to a rep because the sticker was so high?
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down