G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mud flaps

5 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

mud flaps Empty mud flaps

Post by 73ss Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:44 pm

Is anybody running mud flaps anymore? If so, where do you find them? what are you guys doing to keep the stone chips away? I have found mud flaps are becoming a thing of the past for the older cars. I put a cheesy looking set on the front that I got at advance auto, It's all I could find. They are keeping the stone chips away on the bottoms of the fenders. I need to find a set for the back before the stone chips ruin the paint. Burnouts don't help.Very Happy  Any suggestions? Anyone remember the flaps with the little bowtie at the bottom? Summit has nothing on line, I'll stop at the store and see what they say. You can find them all day long for trucks and newer cars.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

mud flaps Empty Re: mud flaps

Post by Limey SE Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:08 pm

Ebay had these and is front rear set

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Chevrolet-Groboski-Super-Duraflex-Splash-Guards-Chevy-Mud-Flaps-2-Pair/273995973632?hash=item3fcb6ec400:g:IdUAAOSwBgFdcXYE

mud flaps S-l16010
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:13 pm

I remember when mud flaps were cool. My red '77 Monte had white GM flaps...along with a bug shield and GM bumper hitch. Hitch and bug shield came off immediately. Mud flaps soon after. Have you checked e-Bay?
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:28 pm

Thanks for the link and the replies. Notice they are all vintage, You just can't go to the local store and find them anymore.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:04 pm

73ss wrote:Thanks for the link and the replies. Notice they are all vintage, You just can't go to the local store and find them anymore.

My AutoZone locally has these maybe yours can order them for you

https://www.autozone.com/splash-guards-and-fender-flares/splash-mud-guard/highland-1010700-splash-guard/323352_0_0

mud flaps 3
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 76 Malibu Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:51 am

Limey SE wrote:
73ss wrote:Thanks for the link and the replies. Notice they are all vintage, You just can't go to the local store and find them anymore.

My AutoZone locally has these maybe yours can order them for you

https://www.autozone.com/splash-guards-and-fender-flares/splash-mud-guard/highland-1010700-splash-guard/323352_0_0

mud flaps 3

I have mudflaps very similar to those on my car. They have definitely help save the paint over the years and don't look half bad either.
76 Malibu
76 Malibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:18 pm

Thanks Limey. My autozone had a few generic pair on the shelf. I asked if this was all they had available and yes was the answer.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:01 pm

I put those little chrome ones on the rear of my 77. Look good I guess.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:17 pm

73ss wrote:Thanks Limey. My autozone had a few generic pair on the shelf. I asked if this was all they had available and yes was the answer.

You have to order them in the Store, Then have them shipped or pay the little extra and have them ship to home
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down