G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1975 Baldwin Motion Chevelle???

+2
ant7377
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
6 posters

Go down

1975 Baldwin Motion Chevelle??? Empty 1975 Baldwin Motion Chevelle???

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:24 pm

Here's a link to a 1975 Chevelle that Revin Kevin and I saw at the Van DerBrink Auction in 2018. This video appears to be from 2014 and it shows Florida plates. I guess it eventually was purchased by the Jackson family that acquired all these cars in the auction. It has Baldwin Motion emblems and decals all over it. I assumed it was a tribute car since 73 was the last time Baldwin produced anything that I'm aware of. But I'm still puzzled at the engine decal and window decals. These aren't available anywhere online that I can see so I'm thinking this person may have had a connection with the Baldwin Motion folks in some way. If anyone has additional info on this I'd love to hear from you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9C2ONX2yHs
1975 Baldwin Motion Chevelle??? 75_bal10
1975 Baldwin Motion Chevelle??? 75_bal11
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

1975 Baldwin Motion Chevelle??? Empty Re: 1975 Baldwin Motion Chevelle???

Post by ant7377 Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:41 pm

I dont know. Maybe they tuned it for the guy? Motion got a cease and desist order from the Feds in 1973 for removing emission controls and anything they actually built could only be for export. The window decals are available I have some on my tool box. But that blue and white one looks legit. I would have that car authenticated by Joel Rosen before I would buy it.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:54 pm

I agree with Ant. Even if baldwin did tune or whatever on the car, someone else added all the mismatched different years of ss emblems. And looks to be 69 camaro 350 emblems. Id figure if Baldwin did it, they would take more care in choosing add on pieces.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:22 pm

Just found the video I took at the preview a day before the auction. The car sounded great when it ran but after a closer look at the engine it had only a 2 barrel carb. Don't think Baldwin would endorse this type of build. But still baffled at the fact it had every variation of decal and emblem on it that you can't find anywhere online.

https://youtu.be/vd7U5E952HU
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:32 pm

They do state that it's a clone in the video. I have no doubt that it's a clone as the real Baldwin Motion cars always had some wild stripes on them. These days it's not too terribly tough to have original looking stickers made. Maybe that's what happened here? I've loved any Balwin Motion car since I first saw them in the magazine's in the late 60's. You usually saw ads in the back of them for the cars. As you can see in these youtube videos the Baldwin Motion cars stood out from the average car. lol
It's also nice to see the shifter in the orange Camaro. A Hurst Autostik 2. The gold one appears to have a Hurts Autostik2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9atT2m8xEo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gk-xRBGPUM

I wonder why I like the shifter in the orange one? lol
1975 Baldwin Motion Chevelle??? Dscf4117
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:10 pm

Here is a listing for a 1975 Baldwin Nova. Not sure is this a real build or clone.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/d/chicago-chevrolet-nova-baldwin-motion/7049286160.html

1975 Baldwin Motion Super Nova SS it is for sure a pro street car and it is powerful, feel free to google Baldwin Motion and learn about these builds... this car was never a race car but you could race it if you like, we just use it for cruise nights and car shows, It still maintains its power steering is disc brakes in the front, power glide trans, It runs cool in the hottest temperatures... the 4 point roll bar never had sidebars so it's easy to get in and out, It still has the plush Nova interior/buckets with a stock back seat. although it's fast it still maintains all of its easy driving ability for the local streets and highways, it also has a very healthy sound... the sound we all love to hear at the cruise nights. this Pro Street car seems to draw a lot of attention, it also runs great on 93 octane fuel.

1975 Baldwin Motion Chevelle??? 00p0p_kOPRnNzNISc_600x450
1975 Baldwin Motion Chevelle??? 00n0n_kFKIMNreRKL_600x450
1975 Baldwin Motion Chevelle??? 00i0i_8tzqr3CThvD_600x450
1975 Baldwin Motion Chevelle??? 00D0D_4994skcWSve_600x450
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:31 pm

Someone is trying to pass off a tribute to Baldwin when it is clearly not one. First off, Motion was shut down sometime in 73 by the feds, and second, there are SO many things wrong with this car that never came on Baldwin Motion cars.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:54 pm

That is a very cool Nova. But I'm inclined to believe that if it was the real deal the seller would mention documentation of some sort to proof its authenticity. I can't find anything that Motion did after 1973 online anywhere other than some collaboration with other builders over the years.

https://sites.google.com/site/chevroletg3chevelles/baldwin-motion

1975 Baldwin Motion Chevelle??? 73_bal10
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:06 am

true on the Nova BUT I REALLY DO NOT think Motion Builder of Supercars would put a Firebird or Mopar rear spoiler on that Nova its a Nice ride BUT I call Clone on the Motion stuff

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:47 am

From the pic, the steering wheel horn pad really looks like my 73 SS horn pad.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:19 am

No way on the Nova. Looks neat though. I've seen the 73 Chevelle up close right after the guy finished it. He found it in NJ.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:48 am

Saw an article a few years back on this. If I remember correctly, the guy found this Chevelle sitting outside just rotting away. He did an awesome job restoring it. The car has to be worth its weight in gold now.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down