G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wiper questions

5 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

Wiper questions Empty Wiper questions

Post by Hs1973 Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:09 am

hi guys.

Does anybody here have a picture off how the drivers side wiper arm/ blade sits when the wipers are parked. Mine sits croked making the side of the blade Fall off the glass. It hurts the blade itself and im afraid it is going to scratch my windshield. But it seems like it wants to sit like this when parked, and im wondering how it is supposed to sit from the factory. Any info is welcome.

Regards Henrik.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Wiper questions Empty Re: Wiper questions

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:14 pm

There is a wiper blade stop at the top of the cowl screen that should stop the blade from falling off the bottom of the glass.  I'd send you a pic of my factory original Monte, but my 13 yr old HP Windows XP desktop computer finally took a dump on me last night and I don't know how to upload photos from my phone to this site.

Last edited by Mcarlo77 on Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:14 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:There is a wiper blade stop at the top of the cowl screen that should stop the blade from falling off the bottom of the glass.  I'd send you a pick of my factory original Monte, but my 13 yr old HP Windows XP desktop computer finally took a dump on me last night and I don't know how to upload photos from my phone to this site.

Steve If your on Mobile G3GM you can switch to the desktop mode by a little drop down section of the site I dont know what your phone is say cant say where its at BUT when you switch from Mobile to desktop its the same UPLOAD process

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:34 pm

Ha...thanks, Anthony. I'll give it a try. I've got a Samsung Android phone (newer A10 I might add...lol). Been playing with my daughter's old Windows 7 laptop and have now figured out how to upload and store photos in Documents so I can attach them. Not sure if I'm even going to replace the desktop. Who owns those anymore, anyway...right?
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:40 pm

I still have mine BUT has 15+ years of memories on the hard drive

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:16 am

Wiper questions 20200716

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:37 am

Thanks for the helping hand, Anthony! Still working on figuring out how to attach photos from my phone.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:06 am

Some times things evolve so fast i cant keep up. Just when i find out how to use something its outdated. Im not wery interested in phoner and pc. Just Yesterday i went into Copenhagen City for a day out with my family. And guess what, i could not pay for parking because some a hole Found thet i would be a good idea to replace the parking stands where you normally pay with a credit card, with a app for smartphones. However i dont have a smartphone, so it was a good thing my wife did. Sometimes things get to smart and actually just make things more difficult. We used like 10 min just to figure out how to use it and make sure we had paid the parking fee. Otherwise theres a parking fine when you come back. And in Copenhagen its close to 120 dollars. 

Thanks for the picture. Mine is like that i just Think the arm is crocked because the blade dosent sit level on the glass. Ill figure it out one of these days.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:01 pm

Wiper questions 15941410

Success!

Here is a pic showing the wiper blade while standing beside the car. From this vantage point it appears as though the blade sits at an angle. Yet, it's resting against the blade stop and edge of blade closest to fender is right at the bottom of the glass. You may be over-thinking this, Henrik...lol
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:28 pm

Anyone know why the driver wiper arm scrapes the chrome strip at the rear edge of the hood? I have a spare wiper arm and a spare strip, both of them have rubbed. Seems like every one I have seen has showed signs of rubbing.

My guess would be sagging hood hinges? I installed new hinges when the car was last painted and mine no longer rubs.

Also, When I had a new windshield installed, It was installed to high up in the windshield frame and the wiper would fall off the lower edge of the glass before it hit the stop. The glass company re-installed it a tad lower and everything lines up nicely now.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:03 am

Thqnk you guys. I Might be overthinking it as usual. How ever the Way the blade rest now is hurting the blade. So the metal can come in to contact with the glass. I figure i will try and make another little stop, so the blade stays on the glass.
I also had the wiper contacting the hood moulding at first. I figured out that the aftermarket blades are sometimes a tad higher than the originals. Also if the hinges are worn it gives problems. And last if the wiperarm is worn and dont sit tight to the aksel, it tilt opwards and makes the arm contact the moulding. I drilled a small hole and put a screw in keeping the arm sitting right, but it is still tight though. 

I know its maybe to much to sit and Think about how a wiperblade is doing. But i have a hard time with things not working right. Here in Denmark i have seen alot of cool looking cars. But look closer you find that it run and drives but everything Else is defective, like wipers and heater and Electric stuff. I cant have that.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:40 am

Here are a few pics of mine, which rest the same way as mcarlo77. There is no rub and the whole blade rests on the glass.

Wiper questions 20200713
Wiper questions 20200715
Wiper questions 20200714
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:39 am

So i Got anal about it and went out in the garage last Night. I Got a good long look at it to see how it could be that the half the blade would hang Down below the glass. I figured out that at some point in time, the little arm that sit under the wiperarm attached to the head of the arm had been Bent a little. Wich in turn made the blade sit at an angle, i Bent it back and now it rest where i want it, and exactly like on hawk03 pictures. 

Thank you for your time and help with this, it was driving me nuts. Regards Henrik.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down