G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

74 454 Monte Carlo

3 posters

Go down

74 454 Monte Carlo Empty 74 454 Monte Carlo

Post by 1cheapshot Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:19 am

A few years ago I got my old 74 running again and did some work on it. It eventually got sold to my neighbor. He moved to another town not to far from me. Unfortunately he was murdered by an acquaintance of his a year or so ago. The car is just setting and I talked to his mother about it. It will be for sale. I have thought about buying it back but I have a couple of other cars that I need to work on too. So I haven't made up my mind yet. If I don't buy it back, I plan on asking her if I can sell it for her. Putting this out here to see if anyone may be interested. It is the one in my avatar.
1cheapshot
1cheapshot
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

74 454 Monte Carlo Empty Re: 74 454 Monte Carlo

Post by 1cheapshot Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:28 pm

I have decided to buy it back. Probably not the smartest thing I've ever done. But what the hec. I'm selling my caddy to fund this. My plan is to rebuild the engine, The trans is rebuilt but the guy didn't do a good job. So I will have it checked out and hopefully get it right. I have no idea how long it will take. But when I get started I'll put it all on here.
1cheapshot
1cheapshot
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:09 am

Sometimes the not so smartest ideas are the best ideas! Glad you are going to buy it back and work on it. If it was me and I didn't buy it back, I'd probably be stewing about not having it everyday. I remember the first time you had the car and worked on it, I will eager to see your progress this time as well.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:42 am

I'm glad you bought it back, too. Who knows what intentions another Buyer might have had. For example, the Yard where I bought my Laguna had brought up a '74 Monte 454 from AZ a couple yrs ago. All optioned out and, of course, rust free. Needed cosmetic restoration, but was all intact. They offered it to me for something like $3400. Couldn't do it and it ended up being sold to someone back in AZ. Couple months later, the same car (I could tell by some noteworthy blems) was being listed on e-Bay in Nebraska; less the motor. Hope the car survived...but, odds are the next Buyer used it for parts or worse, Dirt Track or Demo Derby.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down