G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

interesting '74 Chevelle- Oregon

+2
S3TPI
FumiyoG3
6 posters

Go down

interesting '74 Chevelle- Oregon Empty interesting '74 Chevelle- Oregon

Post by FumiyoG3 Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:23 pm

I've seen this before, always thought it was interesting.  It's a column shift car, but has buckets and a console.  Console is a stock G3, but with no shifter.  Console is likely modified in the shifter area, but who knows?  Did they make any G3 column shift cars with consoles?  I know they made 64 Impala SS cars with column shift and console, and I believe I've seen similar 67 Impala SS cars as well.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/ctd/d/bremerton-chevy-chevelle-malibu/7238503190.html

interesting '74 Chevelle- Oregon 01515_10
interesting '74 Chevelle- Oregon 00f0f_12
interesting '74 Chevelle- Oregon 00404_11
FumiyoG3
FumiyoG3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

interesting '74 Chevelle- Oregon Empty Re: interesting '74 Chevelle- Oregon

Post by S3TPI Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:50 am

I don't know the answer to your question but curious. Looks like a nice car, except for the goofy drink holder. They must have put that in to cover up the shifter hole.
S3TPI
S3TPI
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:53 am

Ive seen G3 cars with swivel buckets and column shift with no console. I highly doubt that console is factory. If it were, I would have seen an insert or something that would be in the shifter area. Also, looks like a dash pad but has the 73 only rectangular emblem.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:55 am

Looks like a very interesting Chevelle. It appears the door panels are from a Monte Carlo??? And the seat patterns are Monte Carlo as well. GM sales literature says if you got bucket seats, you had to have console with floor shift. Maybe it was a dealer installation? Regardless, its a very nice vehicle.

interesting '74 Chevelle- Oregon 74_shi10
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by 77camino Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:59 am

In the 60’s, I know for fact you could get a column shift car with a console. In 65 you could get an Impala SS with a 3 on the tree and a console. They used an automatic console and put an ashtray where the shifter would be.
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitchell Murphy Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:45 pm

My first 1973 Chevelle SS was ordered with swivel bucket seats, but had no console, and it had a column shifter. When I bought it, I had the dealer install the console and floor shifter, and altered the steering column. You could order strange things back then. Nowadays, its packages, LS, LT. LTZ, etc.... Oh the good ole days of Radio Delete! Merry Christmas, Luke Chapter 2

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down