G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Top Off Law in Oregon

+2
BlackChevelleSS
IndyG3
6 posters

Go down

No Top Off Law in Oregon Empty No Top Off Law in Oregon

Post by chevy76monteman Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:32 pm

There is a new Oregon State Law now in effect as of July 1, 2009. It is the "No Top Off" law which means you can no longer top off your vehicle (I.E. cram your gas tank with as much fuel as possible). It is regulated by DEQ. Here is the memo I got from work:

No Top Off Law in Oregon Scan0010

Last edited by chevy76monteman on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
chevy76monteman
chevy76monteman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

No Top Off Law in Oregon Empty Re: No Top Off Law in Oregon

Post by coreys73chevelle Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:34 pm

ahhahahah. stupid laws
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:45 pm

So, what exactly is this law for? Seriously, the stuff politicians come up with...
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:28 am

To take away more freedom from the people. Seriously who cares? I doubt it will be enforced at all

No Top Off Law in Oregon SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:52 am

Most fuel injected cars have a system that captures fuel fumes and uses them in the combustion process. If you top off your tank, you bypass that system, which can flood the gas tank sensors & give you crappy gas mileage. I believe it also allows the fumes to be released into the atmosphere (not eco-friendly). If I remember right, some of those sensors contain foam & once the gas gets in there enough, the foam dissolves leaving you with permanent bad gas mileage &/or a bad running vehicle until you have them replaced. The sad thing is most cars won't act up at all so people don't realize they are losing mpg. It's been about 8 years since I went to school for all of this, so my memory may be off slightly. I'll go look through some of the old books if I get the chance.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:15 pm

really? good to know rago.. how about diesels? we top off our 05 Duramax by letting it settle for about 30 seconds and then shaking the truck and i can get a gallon more, never noticed anything different in milage though.
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by chevy76monteman Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:51 pm

I posted the memo I got from work.
chevy76monteman
chevy76monteman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by novaderrik Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:28 pm

isn't Oregon one of those states that doesn't think the average person is qualified to operate a gas pump, but you are suddenly qualified once you get a job at a gas station?

novaderrik
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by chevy76monteman Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:46 pm

novaderrik wrote:isn't Oregon one of those states that doesn't think the average person is qualified to operate a gas pump, but you are suddenly qualified once you get a job at a gas station?

The only real reason the self-serve ban in still in effect isn't because of idiots causing spills and accidents, its because if the state lifted the ban thousands of people, like me, would be out of a job. In this shitty economy we have right now, I would prefer to keep on pumping gas and making $12.45/hr doing it at Fred Meyer.
chevy76monteman
chevy76monteman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:16 am

chevy76monteman wrote:The only real reason the self-serve ban in still in effect isn't because of idiots causing spills and accidents, its because if the state lifted the ban thousands of people, like me, would be out of a job. In this shitty economy we have right now, I would prefer to keep on pumping gas and making $12.45/hr doing it at Fred Meyer.

I don't know the cost of living where you are, but $12.45/hr is good livin' around here.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by chevy76monteman Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:02 am

Minimum wage is $8.40/hr as of 2008. I started out at $7.15/hr in 2002 when it was $6.90/hr. I am maxed out as far as wage increase goes.
chevy76monteman
chevy76monteman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:34 am

OK that's why it sounds like you're making so much. Our minimum wage is $6.55 here until the end of this month when it's supposed to go up to $7.25.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum