G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Cave Interior Decorating - Wall Bumpers - Lighted

4 posters

Go down

Man Cave Interior Decorating - Wall Bumpers - Lighted Empty Man Cave Interior Decorating - Wall Bumpers - Lighted

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:52 pm

Here's a short video on the lights that I installed on by rear bumpers hanging on the wall of my shop. I used a butyl rope seal typically used for installing auto glass to secure them to the back of the brake light housings. There's a link in the description of the video of the light kit I purchased for this install. Hope this gives you all some ideas to help give your shop a little more character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOFvUzS7JQA

Man Cave Interior Decorating - Wall Bumpers - Lighted Wall_b10
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

fasrnur likes this post

Back to top Go down

Man Cave Interior Decorating - Wall Bumpers - Lighted Empty Re: Man Cave Interior Decorating - Wall Bumpers - Lighted

Post by Hawk03 Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:10 pm

Looks awesome! I'm hoping to add a front end to my wall at some point. I just need to find a place with more wall space.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Man Cave Interior Decorating - Wall Bumpers - Lighted Empty Re: Man Cave Interior Decorating - Wall Bumpers - Lighted

Post by 77camino Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:26 pm

Thanks g3chevy for posting. I also have a complete front end that I intend to mount on the wall, but have never found a 120volt power source to run the lights. I’m thinking about drilling out the back of the headlights with a hole saw and putting in a different light bulb. I was considering the bulbs that light up Christmas village decorations.
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:26 pm

Hawk03 wrote:Looks awesome! I'm hoping to add a front end to my wall at some point. I just need to find a place with more wall space.

Thanks Hawk! My problem was floor space in my storage unit, so I figured I'd slap those on the wall to get them out of my way. Then a buddy of mine that works on fox bodies next to my shop said "hey, why not put some lights on those" and this is what I ended up with. I'll mount them more "permanently" sooner than later to center/level them up and hide the wires better.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:49 pm

77camino wrote:Thanks g3chevy for posting. I also have a complete front end that I intend to mount on the wall, but have never found a 120volt power source to run the lights. I’m thinking about drilling out the back of the headlights with a hole saw and putting in a different light bulb. I was considering the bulbs that light up Christmas village decorations.

77camino, that sounds like a great idea. I've never tried cutting headlights before, but I imagine it would work with the right tools. Another thought would be buy a cheap set of plastic or metal headlight housings with replaceable bulbs and they would be very easy to fabricate with a cut-off wheel.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOUR-4x6-H4-Glass-Hi-Low-Headlight-Conversion-Replacement-Kit-LED-HID-Halogen/333487908900?_trkparms=aid%3D555021%26algo%3DPL.SIMRVI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20190711100440%26meid%3Df591cb34b4cf446983561cd54ccde1cd%26pid%3D100752%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D14%26mehot%3Dpf%26sd%3D201546484266%26itm%3D333487908900%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSimplRVIAMLv5WebWithPLRVIOnTopCombiner&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77camino Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:52 pm

I was not aware that replaceable bulb headlights were even available! Thanks, I might look into that. I have an entire box full of new 4x6 headlights. I went to an estate sale and asked the guy how much they were and he told me $5 each. I said I wasn’t interested and he then said how about $5 for the whole box. There must have been at least a dozen in the box. Of course I bought them then. I think I will go and buy a diamond hole saw bit and give it a try first, besides it’s just another reason to go to the tool store!
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:04 pm

Or you can send 4 up to Illinois LOL @77 Camino

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down