G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1977 Can Ams !!!!!

+5
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
Mitchell Murphy
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
454fourspeedss
impalamonte
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

1977 Can Ams !!!!! Empty 1977 Can Ams !!!!!

Post by impalamonte Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:34 pm

THE WORTH IN PARTS.

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/d/aultman-1977-pontiac-can-am-two-together/7323921448.html
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

1977 Can Ams !!!!! Empty Re: 1977 Can Ams !!!!!

Post by 454fourspeedss Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:22 pm

last spoiler i saw for a can am sold for 1250.00 two spoilers are worth the asking price alone

454fourspeedss
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 454fourspeedss Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:01 pm

there was another guy near pittsburgh that had six can ams listed in one ad , so close to home but too many projects already

454fourspeedss
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:12 am

Wow, 2 Can Ams for the cost of a tune-up on a Ferrari! Definitely worth the asking price.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitchell Murphy Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:04 am

What a shame to let these two CanAm cars get like this in the first place, should have been inside all these years. You cannot let this stuff sit around, the weather takes its toll year in and year out. You will ride by, see a car, stop to try and buy it, and the owner says, No its not for sale...I'm gonna fix it up "ONE DAY" That one day never comes. You have to decide to pick that one day, and start on that one day. No, they will let it rust away, and then its too late for anybody to fix it up one day. Or, they will sell it for Barrett Jackson price, If they see one go through Barrett Jackson for a 100,000. They think theirs is worth Big Money, and its not. Again, a shame on the Can Ams, a great end on the Pontiac G3 cars...what a great way to go out on top. Always will wonder why in 1973 The GTO was a G3 offered with a 455, and the following year, Pontiac puts the GTO on a Ventura! Pontiacs NOVA, yeah...that was a good idea? I love my GM cars, but they do things i will never understand, If you can figure it out, let me know-Mitch

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:33 am

Mitch...agreed.....and we have seen the ads.....will add more pictures later.
And the pictures are never added.
I think that tells the story of "why" these cars were not put back on the road...not conserved....not cared about.

impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:55 am

Just contacted this guy to see if he has titles to both cars. If he does, its game on. Mitch, can you PM me the information on your transport guy that picked up your Laguna from me? Like to give him the business if I can work out the details on this deal.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:26 pm

Are you going to get them g3?  That would be ridiculously awesome!!!

Mitch, I have seen it all over the country in my travels. “Don’t even look at my car!  You can’t afford it!” Well, neither can you judging by where you live and the fact that you haven’t worked since Clinton was president.
I have seen so many cars that are too far gone but they are going to fix them. If we have a law called Eminent  Domain where we can take peoples land why can’t we have a law called Your an Freaking Shame and take these cars and let someone who will fix them take charge?
Here is a picture of a place in Grants New Mexico. The guy has about 40 cars and he is going to fix them all, one day.
1977 Can Ams !!!!! A1b1a010
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:05 pm

REVINKEVIN wrote:Are you going to get them g3?  That would be ridiculously awesome!!!

Mitch, I have seen it all over the country in my travels. “Don’t even look at my car!  You can’t afford it!” Well, neither can you judging by where you live and the fact that you haven’t worked since Clinton was president.
I have seen so many cars that are too far gone but they are going to fix them. If we have a law called Eminent  Domain where we can take peoples land why can’t we have a law called Your an Freaking Shame and take these cars and let someone who will fix them take charge?
Here is a picture of a place in Grants New Mexico. The guy has about 40 cars and he is going to fix them all, one day.

Yes, just got an email back from this guy. He has titles to both. Just waiting on additional pics and if everything looks good I'll send him a deposit to hold them. These deserve to be restored. Already been shopping for sheetmetal for these. Hope it works out.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:10 pm

Great news. My father in law has a place in his backyard for a short term storage solution.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:30 pm

REVINKEVIN wrote:Great news. My father in law has a place in his backyard for a short term storage solution.

Sweet!!! Already have access to an enclosed trailer. You ready for a road trip???
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:35 pm

Actually, yes. Will the trailer hold them both? Neither one of us has a truck that could pull this off.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:33 pm

REVINKEVIN wrote:Actually, yes. Will the trailer hold them both?  Neither one of us has a truck that could pull this off.

Yeah, I've pulled a few cars with my 1/2 ton in the past and it was not fun. And most have been only a couple hours from my house. I've got a buddy with a 3/4 ton Duramax that I might convince in doing a road trip with us. Otherwise it's gonna be a transport company dealing with both of these. Or worst case scenario, I go up there, do the deal and drag the good one back with me and use a transport for the other.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:31 pm

Or, we pull a trailer up and get the bad one and I drive the one he thinks will run back home. It would be like a G3 Road Kill event. Epic if I do say so myself. Trust me, I’ve done dumber things in my life.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:27 pm

REVINKEVIN wrote:Or, we pull a trailer up and get the bad one and I drive the one he thinks will run back home. It would be like a G3 Road Kill event. Epic if I do say so myself. Trust me,  I’ve done dumber things in my life.

I like your style. Going 1400 miles to a place I've never been and driving a car 1400 miles back that has been fermenting for 30+ years, what could go wrong?!?!? Sign me up!

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:41 pm

I wonder if the one in the pictures is the good one.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FumiyoG3 Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:23 am

Bill- I like your style, good luck with the road trip!!!  I hope the Can Ams turn out to be salvageable.  One of them has the best G3 option ever- the moonroof!!!

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
FumiyoG3
FumiyoG3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:36 am

FumiyoG3 wrote:Bill- I like your style, good luck with the road trip!!!  I hope the Can Ams turn out to be salvageable.  One of them has the best G3 option ever- the moonroof!!!

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up

Thanks Chis! Yes, the moonroof option is really what grabbed my attention. Those are few and far between on top of Can Ams being rare. Just like your Laguna with the moonroof. Waiting on him to send a few more pics to me and then it should be road tripping time in the next week or so. All I need now is a Buick to cover all the g3 bases lol.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:19 am

Best of luck guys !! Waiting to hear how this all turns out!

Would like to have them too.

No space and nowhere to store without being a burden....HOA already wanting to "snap" at any time.

Car Rescue like Dennis Collins does on this You Tubes.
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:36 pm

Just an update on the Can Ams. The deals made, money sent and transports are on their way. If all goes well, they should both be at my shop on Saturday. A huge thank you goes out to Impalamonte for finding these! Also, a huge thank you goes to Mitch Murphy for hooking me up with Ron Levan who is transporting both of these gems for me. And one more big thank you to Revin Kevin for the future help he'll be offering to resurrect the "twins". I'll start a build thread for these cars in the upcoming weeks. Stay tuned!

When Purchased By The Current Owner in the 90's
1977 Can Ams !!!!! 20210610

Current Condition
Skyroof Car
1977 Can Ams !!!!! 20210611

Owners First Car Purchased In The 80's
1977 Can Ams !!!!! 20210612
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FumiyoG3 Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:52 pm

VERY COOL!!!! Looks like the first one is in pretty decent shape. What a fun project, enjoy!!!!! Thumbs up Beer Thumbs up Beer
FumiyoG3
FumiyoG3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:56 pm

FumiyoG3 wrote:VERY COOL!!!! Looks like the first one is in pretty decent shape.  What a fun project, enjoy!!!!! Thumbs up Beer Thumbs up Beer

Thanks Chris! I'm more excited than an IRS agent on audit day. Christmas is now officially June 26th!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Limey SE and Finn Monte like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:50 am

Congrats g3Chevy.

Glad to see you were able acquire the cars!

Looking forward to the revival and the account of project.
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:37 pm

Congrats G3 I cant wait to see your Plans

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitchell Murphy Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:29 pm

What a great way for Pontiac to end the G3 span in 1977. They went out on a very high note. I wish Chevrolet had kept the Laguna S3 just one more year, they ere doing so well on Nascar, since GM was downsizing to the new G bodies with the Malibu/el camino/ Monte Carlo, they could have done something like Pontiac, at least one dealership had the SE package for the Malibu Classic...Limey can tell you all about that, congradulations to Bill Hirte...my pleasure to help in a small way

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next