G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1977 Pontiac Can Am Build

+8
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
Limey SE
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Mob City Pontiac
77camino
impalamonte
Iggy
73ss
12 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

1977 Pontiac Can Am Build - Page 5 Empty Re: 1977 Pontiac Can Am Build

Post by Limey SE Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:08 pm

Oh I know nothing wrong with it it Came from a 1982 Caprice Wagon It was one of them Donation things to get a credit ( not cash for clunkers ) this is when the Vehicle is sold by the Charity and them Proceeds Benefit the Charity, Well this one was Bought by my Buddies Local salvage yard where he works and Got turned into a Demo Car and I tell you what this has to be the Best running strongest 305 with an original QJ on I have seen.... That's why other than Valves covers and an Air cleaner I will not be opening this up till I absolutely have to

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:04 pm

Spotted this beauty tonight.

1977 Pontiac Can Am Build - Page 5 20210811
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:17 pm

Too cool! Got any more pics of it? Did you have your Malibu there?
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:19 pm

I didn't take any additional photos but I'm sure I will run into it again. There is a flyin/car show tomorrow at the airport I used to work in college that we are going to. It's part of the same club my dad belongs to so it might be there. I'll take more pics when I see it again.

I did take my Malibu there. This might be the first summer where I have had to fill the tank more then once.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:49 pm

I like your Malibu. If you ever do see that car again, can you take some pictures of the dash and radio area please? If it has a tach there should be a clock down by the radio. Thanks.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Hawk03 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:31 pm

Hawk03 wrote:I didn't take any additional photos but I'm sure I will run into it again. There is a flyin/car show tomorrow at the airport I used to work in college that we are going to. It's part of the same club my dad belongs to so it might be there. I'll take more pics when I see it again.

I did take my Malibu there. This might be the first summer where I have had to fill the tank more then once.

That's why we have these cars...to burn tanks of gas through them! Glad you are getting a chance to enjoy yours. Got any pics of your Malibu at the show? I'm betting yours and that Can Am were the only G3 cars there?
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Hawk03 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:12 pm

REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP wrote:I like your Malibu. If you ever do see that car again, can you take some pictures of the dash and radio area please?  If it has a tach there should be a clock down by the radio. Thanks.

Thanks! Your Laguna has turned out awesome. If I was closer to you and g3chevy I would be in trouble since I would buy projects you guys could help me on. Looks like he installed an aftermarket tach next to the console.

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac wrote:That's why we have these cars...to burn tanks of gas through them! Glad you are getting a chance to enjoy yours. Got any pics of your Malibu at the show? I'm betting yours and that Can Am were the only G3 cars there?

True. I have been really enjoying driving the car as much as I have this summer. The only thing I need to do to make the experience better is install the tighter steering box (the one impalamonte installed). I didn't take any pics on Friday night, sometimes I get caught up in the moment and forget to take pics. The Can Am and I were the only G3 cars there as we were this morning as well. The Can AM did park by me this morning so I snapped a few pics. The Can Am guy installed efi which is the monitor on the console. I haven't been able to talk to the guy who owns the Can Am yet.

1977 Pontiac Can Am Build - Page 5 20210813
1977 Pontiac Can Am Build - Page 5 20210812
1977 Pontiac Can Am Build - Page 5 20210814

1977 Pontiac Can Am Build - Page 5 20210816
1977 Pontiac Can Am Build - Page 5 20210817
1977 Pontiac Can Am Build - Page 5 20210815
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:23 pm

Hey. That’s some good pictures. That was what I wanted to see. I keep telling G3chevy that we need to tour around the country and me up with our G3 family. If we get to do that we are for sure going to stop by your neck of the woods. Now if I can just get G3chevy to buy all the gas we should be fine.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:49 pm

Hawk03 wrote:
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP wrote:I like your Malibu. If you ever do see that car again, can you take some pictures of the dash and radio area please?  If it has a tach there should be a clock down by the radio. Thanks.

Thanks! Your Laguna has turned out awesome. If I was closer to you and g3chevy I would be in trouble since I would buy projects you guys could help me on. Looks like he installed an aftermarket tach next to the console.

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac wrote:That's why we have these cars...to burn tanks of gas through them! Glad you are getting a chance to enjoy yours. Got any pics of your Malibu at the show? I'm betting yours and that Can Am were the only G3 cars there?

True. I have been really enjoying driving the car as much as I have this summer. The only thing I need to do to make the experience better is install the tighter steering box (the one impalamonte installed). I didn't take any pics on Friday night, sometimes I get caught up in the moment and forget to take pics. The Can Am and I were the only G3 cars there as we were this morning as well. The Can AM did park by me this morning so I snapped a few pics. The Can Am guy installed efi which is the monitor on the console. I haven't been able to talk to the guy who owns the Can Am yet.

Wow Hawk! You got some great pics! I've become very partial to these Can Ams but I would have to say your Malibu looks better. This pic here would make a great poster!

1977 Pontiac Can Am Build - Page 5 Malibu10
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:51 pm

REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP wrote:Hey. That’s some good pictures. That was what I wanted to see. I keep telling G3chevy that we need to tour around the country and me up with our G3 family. If we get to do that we are for sure going to stop by your neck of the woods. Now if I can just get G3chevy to buy all the gas we should be fine.

Ha! I'll be sure to start making double payments on my gas card so we have enough on it to hit the mid-west next summer... and maybe do the Power Tour while we're up there!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:28 pm

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac wrote:

Wow Hawk! You got some great pics! I've become very partial to these Can Ams but I would have to say your Malibu looks better. This pic here would make a great poster!

Holy cow, thank you so much!

Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by mlewisariz Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:51 pm

Just a note to those interested, there is a low mileage Can Am up on Bring A Trailer at no reserve. Very nice survivor.

mlewisariz
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:49 pm

mlewisariz wrote:Just a note to those interested, there is a low mileage Can Am up on Bring A Trailer at no reserve. Very nice survivor.

Nice! Over $20K and still 5 days left on the auction. This should be interesting!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:26 am

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac wrote:
mlewisariz wrote:Just a note to those interested, there is a low mileage Can Am up on Bring A Trailer at no reserve. Very nice survivor.

Nice! Over $20K and still 5 days left on the auction. This should be interesting!

G3Chevy / MR PONTIAC MOVE AWAY FROM THE AUCTION SITE ....that's right step away from BAT you have a GAS CARD to fill up LMAO Champaign Illinois is not that awful far from Me and where it more than Likely where it will Kick off !!!!!

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:02 am

LOL! Don't worry Limey, I'm not into buying cars that are already done. There's no fun in that!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:36 pm

g3chevy goes to the new car dealership and ask them if they have a scratch and dent sale going on.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:16 pm

REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP wrote:g3chevy goes to the new car dealership and ask them if they have a scratch and dent sale going on.

Yeah, and I find one I like then put a nice little dent and/or scratch in it so I get the discount lol.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

1977 Pontiac Can Am Build - Page 5 Empty 77 Can Am On BAT - SOLD $59k!

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:54 pm

Just followed up on this BAT auction. This Can Am sold for $59k!

1977 Pontiac Can Am Build - Page 5 Can_am10
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:54 pm

Wow, that’s top money for sure. You are going to have a lot of value in your car when you are finished. Same with the Hurst Olds. You have 3 of the coolest G3’s ever made. I live my life vicariously through you. I hate being a peasant.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:58 pm

REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP wrote:Wow, that’s top money for sure. You are going to have a lot of value in your car when you are finished. Same with the Hurst Olds. You have 3 of the coolest G3’s ever made. I live my life vicariously through you. I hate being a peasant.

Yeah, that sell price was crazy! Maybe it's just a fluke....and no, I don't mean a multimeter. When mine is done it will have had a skin transplant of at least 50% of its outer shell. Does that make it a hybrid? Or crossbreed? Wish I could at least get the Hurst done, but its on the back burner again since my 98 Silverado engine took a crap. Heads are now at the machine shop being inspected for cracks. I didn't think peasants used big french words like "vicariously". Don't even know what that means. I'll need to Google that since I'm a serf lol.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:58 pm

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/1182598568908169/?media_id=1&ref=share_attachment

1977 Pontiac Can Am Build - Page 5 241556447_4441258425933709_1217452237545774231_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=YmL-7BPypBsAX9Lcs_t&tn=PWi5eE0_nie_45At&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:01 pm

Limey SE wrote:https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/1182598568908169/?media_id=1&ref=share_attachment

Thanks Limey! Saw that it was in the Fort Worth area. Lots of good parts. Wish I had space for it!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5