G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The latest Hagerty Price Guide shows the market is still cooking

3 posters

Go down

The latest Hagerty Price Guide shows the market is still cooking Empty The latest Hagerty Price Guide shows the market is still cooking

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:04 pm

Mecum

https://insider.hagerty.com/trends/the-latest-hagerty-price-guide-shows-that-the-market-continues-with-a-full-head-of-steam/?utm_source=SFMC&utm_medium=email&utm_content=MED_UN_NA_EML_UN_SundayInsider_PullQuote&hashed_email=a2882ddef49dbd17d42878b67130780b1a504116fbe68c30ae5d97e8803bc99d

American cars from the late 1970s are often maligned as flashy yet anemic. And, no doubt, performance is a far cry from the beginning of the decade. Moreover, the Baby Boomers who have long dominated the market for American muscle have far warmer memories of the late 1960s (think: high school and Woodstock) than the late ’70s (early adulthood, stagflation). As such the cars of this era have remained dormant for years aside from a few exceptions. Among those exceptions are the Smokey and the Bandit–era (1977-1981) Pontiac Trans Ams. They have enjoyed a great run and continued to gain in this guide. Special Edition cars, which wear that oh-so-recognizable black paint and gold trim, appreciated another 34 percent on top of astronomical gains last quarter.

Arguably more interesting though, are the gains for lesser-known cars. Mid-size GM cars, especially sporty editions, did well this quarter. Mid-70s Chevelle Super Sports and Laguna S-3s grew from 6–25 percent; 1977 Pontiac Can Ams and 1973 GTOs grew by 23 percent as well. This era of collector cars have been criminally underappreciated and it seems that they are starting to gain some of the attention they deserve. Yes, some among us will groan at the thought that these last vestiges of affordable muscle are climbing out of reach, yet these cars have little restoration and aftermarket support precisely because they’ve never been worth enough. One can only hope the new popularity will spur on suppliers to change that and, in so doing, preserve these cars for the next generation.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

The latest Hagerty Price Guide shows the market is still cooking Empty Re: The latest Hagerty Price Guide shows the market is still cooking

Post by Iggy Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:44 am

That is my boy!

They did not even cover the G3's until I was looking at my Laguna and asked my son what the market was - after doing a little research he decided it was worth taking a closer look at them. Now it is a regular thing for his department.
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

Limey SE and fasrnur like this post

Back to top Go down

The latest Hagerty Price Guide shows the market is still cooking Empty Re: The latest Hagerty Price Guide shows the market is still cooking

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:59 am

Cool! You raised him up proper! Glad we have advocates out there covering this era of vehicles!

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Limey SE and fasrnur like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:17 am

I can tell you, that here in Copenhagen the elcaminos and chevelle was plentyfull years ago. They where looked Down upon as Big barges with anemic power.
However today they are all gone, and my chevelle is one of only few left, and the only one i have seen on varius car meets.
My point is that Many now what to buy it and i get more attention than High dollar musclecar cars.

I was offered what would be 55 000 dollars last week for it. I declined the offer. However i was tempted. But the Prices on Nice cars are trough the roof here now, so i would just have to use all to buy something Else.

Im happy more and more people see and appreciate our years of cars as Being in the club now. Take good care of your cars and enjoy them. And have a good summer regards from Denmark . Henrik and wanda.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Limey SE, g3chevy / Mr Pontiac and 76Chevelle2Tone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down