G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which bucket seats

5 posters

Go down

Which bucket seats Empty Which bucket seats

Post by lagunaman Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:55 am

I have never been to crazy about the swivel seats.The car came from the factory that way.Is there a gm bucket seat that will bolt in without changing things and have some what the same look as if it is a swivel seat. Just wondering

lagunaman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Which bucket seats Empty Re: Which bucket seats

Post by Limey SE Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:02 am

I sold my Swivels and am Installing 1977 Gran Prix seats this spring will button that up two of the 4 mounting points are the same I will have to figure the other two BUT love the look of them

Which bucket seats 29309710
Which bucket seats 29312110

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:25 pm

Looks good, Anthony! The G.P. seats are cushy...much like those on the Cutlass Salons.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:47 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:Looks good, Anthony!  The G.P. seats are cushy...much like those on the Cutlass Salons.  

Thanks Steve, and yes its like sitting on a Cloud compared to the swivels LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:55 pm

Years ago I had a set of buckets and console out of a 1974 Cutlass Supreme Salon - I replace a bench seat in a 1973 Cutlass Supreme with them. The door side mounted the same as the bench seat and I took the console side mounts from the donor vehicle.
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:03 pm

lagunaman wrote:I have never been to crazy about the swivel seats.The car came from the factory that way.Is there a gm bucket seat that will bolt in without changing things and have some what the same look as if it is a swivel seat. Just wondering

To answer your question about swapping seats, there is no other bucket seat that will just bolt in without modification. The most obvious would be compensating for the rear outer seat track foot that mounts to the floor on swivels vs atop the belt retractor on std buckets (as Limey knows all too well with his swap). Never really thought about it, but it does beg the question whether the seat track rails from swivels could be removed and attached to std buckets?
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:47 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:
lagunaman wrote:I have never been to crazy about the swivel seats.The car came from the factory that way.Is there a gm bucket seat that will bolt in without changing things and have some what the same look as if it is a swivel seat. Just wondering

To answer your question about swapping seats, there is no other bucket seat that will just bolt in without modification.  The most obvious would be compensating for the rear outer seat track foot that mounts to the floor on swivels vs atop the belt retractor on std buckets (as Limey knows all too well with his swap).  Never really thought about it, but it does beg the question whether the seat track rails from swivels could be removed and attached to std buckets?

Actually I have the Belts from the Gran Prix also as these mount on top of that, much like the Bench seats used to do so I hope its all I need HOPE AND PRAY LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:01 am

Those seats look great in your car. I've got very similar ones in my Grand Am and they are much more comfortable than the swivels just like you said. Didn't realize they had different mounting points for the seats. I figured GM would keep most of that standardized but obviously not. Learned another something new today.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down