G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for pics of recovered seats

+4
Wallyuph
pila
ant7377
magic marouke
8 posters

Go down

Looking for pics of recovered seats Empty Looking for pics of recovered seats

Post by Sinister Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:10 am

I have three sets of buckets to recover(76 horse collar,75 swivel,71 strato) and one bench seat.
I prefer legendary stuff but notice they don't cover 73-77.
Any photos showing your recover job and supplier appreciated.
Sinister
Sinister
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Looking for pics of recovered seats Empty Re: Looking for pics of recovered seats

Post by magic marouke Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:21 pm

I went with going to an upholstery shop for my bench and rear seat . She replaced the damaged foam and recovered both seats . I'm really happy with the result

Looking for pics of recovered seats 81A793CC-C880-4E46-92AB-FF8B794F0DDF-18670-00000FB078FD5EE7_zps0d42f81b

Looking for pics of recovered seats FD3AE2F8-0DC1-4019-9C55-401E375A9D26-29667-00001A932056DFAB_zps90ee0a71
magic marouke
magic marouke
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Looking for pics of recovered seats Empty Re: Looking for pics of recovered seats

Post by Sinister Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:39 pm

I'd like to attempt the job myself,both to save some funds and for the experience.
None of my interior is as bad as what you started with.
Looks great by the way.
I prefer Legendary stuff,but they don't make any 73-77 stuff.
I paid $125 for these swivels,only one base though.
At least I have an idea what to look for.

Looking for pics of recovered seats 2cyjrya

Sinister
Sinister
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:40 pm

Looking for pics of recovered seats Acedqu
Sinister
Sinister
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:12 pm

I too went to an upholstery shop. Guy did a nice job. National parts depot sells the covers if you are looking for them.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:21 pm

What are the buckets out of ? I did mine , bench seat, with the vinyl covers from NPD, which are made by PUI.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:24 pm

Looks like the Chevy version out a Chevelle or Monte.
The Olds versions had reversible seat cushions...which seem cool,except I prefer all cloth.

Sinister
Sinister
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:25 am

Go to PUI's website...they have a "How To" video for reupholstering swivel buckets. Looks pretty intense with the guy (remember...he's most likely their in-house expert) making use of a steamer and is, at one point, up on top of the table wrestling with the seat to get the fabric on. I'm facing the same need to redo my swivels and am wondering just how difficult these are. One thought was to leave the covers out in the hot sun to soften them up before attempting this.

By the way Sinister...which seat is missing the swivel base? I may have one for the passenger side.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:03 am

This is the one I have...not sure which side it is...

Looking for pics of recovered seats 2hoyzkj
Sinister
Sinister
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:04 am

Looking for pics of recovered seats 1zz3voi
Sinister
Sinister
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:11 am

Here is a link to the video Mcarlo77 is talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJfTR3w2KQo&feature=player_embedded

Now you know why I have arthritis and don't really want to to auto Upholstery any more. Plus there is still wrinkles in the seat cover. I'm getting old for this stuff. Ha
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:21 am

Don't you go retiring on me yet, Wally! You just might find my seats left at your house with a note wishing you all the luck in trying to recover them...LOL!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:34 am

Sinister...what you've got is the passenger side base.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:01 pm

I got the covers from PUI and had a shop cover them. They look and feel great. The only thing is he did not have the buttons that came with the covers for some reason, and he dyed the old ones and reinsalled them. I wish I had better pics, but this is all I have right now. Some of the upholsterers i approached would not touch them, they are very difficult to do I guess.Looking for pics of recovered seats <a href=Looking for pics of recovered seats Interi11" />Looking for pics of recovered seats <a href=Looking for pics of recovered seats Interi10" />
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:35 pm

Looks great.
I watched the video,and I refuse to let some broad out do my skills.donotcare 
Sinister
Sinister
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:26 pm

Ha...ha...I think that's a guy in the video? Hard to tell for sure. Remember that skit on SNL years ago where they were always trying to figure out if the charactor named "Pat" was a guy or gal? Pretty funny stuff!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:28 pm

Sinister wrote:This is the one I have...not sure which side it is...

Looking for pics of recovered seats 2hoyzkj
pass side
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Looks like you're missing two springs and a wire that help operate the track opposite the one with the front adjust lever.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:30 pm

I have springs and hardware from other sliders I've acquired over the years. After I clean up the bases I want to see if the actual sliders are the same as standard seats.
I've heard the swivels are pretty comfortable...I may seek out another set if I like them.
I always remove the sliders and soak them in oil for about 6 months,while I work on the seats...they work fantastically once lubricated properly.
Sinister
Sinister
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down