G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Correct Dashboard Light Bulbs Are...?

3 posters

Go down

Correct Dashboard Light Bulbs Are...? Empty Correct Dashboard Light Bulbs Are...?

Post by 73 ss wgn Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:36 pm

Before I reassemble the dash, I was going to replace the light bulbs. Advance Auto lists both 168 and 194 as "correct for your year" (1973 Chevelle) and the pictures look about the same. Are the illumination bulbs and the warning light bulbs different types? The descriptions there and at Rock Auto are kind of incomplete but it seems the 168 is brighter?

Thanks.

73 ss wgn
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Correct Dashboard Light Bulbs Are...? Empty Re: Correct Dashboard Light Bulbs Are...?

Post by zucchi Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:24 am

Per the Monte Carlo owner's manual…
Correct Dashboard Light Bulbs Are...? 20240110

You may want to double check in your service manual (don't have that with me here at work) but I would expect it to be the same.
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Correct Dashboard Light Bulbs Are...? Empty Re: Correct Dashboard Light Bulbs Are...?

Post by 73 ss wgn Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:29 pm

Excellent! Thank you!

73 ss wgn
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TW Monte Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:04 pm

Either will fit into the light socket, however, one is brighter (aka hotter temperature) than the other and can melt the plastic sockets.
You can replace with LED bulbs for a brighter light with less temperature, just make sure you have the bulb polarity correct and check illumination before you put your dash back together.
TW Monte
TW Monte
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down