G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classic or not?

+10
testpilot61
74MonteCarlo
JasonZ
Roadcaptain S3
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
MichiganMuscle77
IndyG3
BlackChevelleSS
bigredlaguna
ant7377
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Classic or not? - Page 2 Empty Re: Classic or not?

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:02 am

I get more thumbs and "Cool" yelled out the window cruising in the Laguna than I ever did in my 65 mustang.
You just don't see these cars on every corner, and that makes them unique,if not collectible or classic.

love 'em or hate 'em, They ain't boring, that's for sure
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:23 am

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:You just don't see these cars on every corner, and that makes them unique

I feel the same way.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by JasonZ Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:50 am

74MonteCarlo wrote:Would you classify a G3 as a collector car? Since you don't think they are "classics" or "muscle cars"? Just wondering. *Shrug*

IMO
Cam Ams = collector
Buick GNX = collector

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:
JasonZ wrote:I have a 1989 Caprice classic, dont mean its a classic lol.

In some states, your car would qualify for classic or antique plates. (20 yrs old)
That is ONE definition of a classic.

Yes, but once you put classic plates on a car your only allowed to drive it on certain days. Screw that crap, cars are meant to be driven. In fact when the other turd I own once its done driven in all seasons when I'm done with it.

I'm not saying anything special because everything I own is junk to other people. They are probably right. There is hopes and dreams and than there is reality. All in all depends how much money you have in your pocket. New cars are nice but I rather work on old junk cars what other people classify them as.
JasonZ
JasonZ
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:29 pm

JasonZ wrote:
Buick GNX = collector

Never made a GNX in our body style, but this car comes close:
http://www.beforeblack.net/77century.htm
or maybe the turbocharged Century Pace car

JasonZ wrote:Yes, but once you put classic plates on a car your only allowed to drive it on certain days.

That must suck. Here in Kansas, you put antique tags on & be done with it. There are no limits on how much you can drive it plus it lowers insurance by a small margin. My cousin did it to his 63 back in high school (1998) & it has passed through 2-3 owners with the same tag still on it today.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:47 pm

VERY sharp 77 Century!

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Classic or not? - Page 2 Empty Your Ride

Post by testpilot61 Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:39 am

74Malibu383 wrote:I love to blow by "classic" cars at around 135.... Did it a few times on Power Tour. You do that once or twice, and people don't have much to say.

Nice looking ride. Im looking at tire and wheel combinations for my 76 just wondered what your running. It certainly looks very nice. Thanks, jerry harman

testpilot61
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:26 pm

From a previous thread:
74Malibu383 wrote:I'm running 19”x8” and 20”x10” Rushforth Fuel wheels, wrapped in Nitto 275/35/19’s and 315/35/20’s.

Backspacing: 19x8 with a 5" and 20x10 with a 5.75"

I can't even begin to explain how well the backspacing works on this car. Of course, I have 4 wheel Baer Disk Brakes, so you would compensate with 1/8" less backspacing if you had the stock set up.

The wheels and tires tuck perfectly and have NO issues with rubbing even with the car 3" lower. No air shocks required!

The only thing I would do if I did it over again would be to go with 8.5" or 9" rims up front and 10.5" or 11" rims in the rear. I think the tires would look a little better on wider rims.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:35 pm

.....and they award for most asked question on this board goes too (drum roll) ..........

74Malibu383 & the infamous "What's your wheel combo?" question! LMAO you must have really done something right. I even saw one of your YouTube vids on another forum a few days ago. Got some compliments over there too.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:51 pm

LOL. You're probably right Rago... Smile

Do you remember what forum you were on?
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chevy76monteman Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:04 pm

Rago wrote:
JasonZ wrote:Yes, but once you put classic plates on a car your only allowed to drive it on certain days.

That must suck. Here in Kansas, you put antique tags on & be done with it. There are no limits on how much you can drive it plus it lowers insurance by a small margin. My cousin did it to his 63 back in high school (1998) & it has passed through 2-3 owners with the same tag still on it today.

I called the Oregon DMV when I was thinking about getting "special interest" plates and I was told that the car had to:
1. Be 25 years old or older
2. Cannot be daily driven
3. Can only be driven during car exhibitions (car shows, club cruises, drag racing)

No thanks. I want to be able to drive my car anytime I damn well please. The only real upside is I would only have to register once for $80 and get issued ONE plate and never have to pass emissions again.
chevy76monteman
chevy76monteman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:25 pm

here in Illinois its only 35 bucks for Antique Vehicle plates no emission ever again and are they really ever gonna know that you are not taking the car to be worked on, just came from it being worked on, or not taking it to a show

Illinois is very leniant on this policy

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2