G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floor pans

5 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

Floor pans Empty Floor pans

Post by 73ss Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:31 pm

Anyone have a floor pan recommendation for the G3? I live minutes from Summit racing and I see they have Sherman. Made in USA and reasonably priced. Thoughts? Thanks.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Floor pans Empty Re: Floor pans

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:39 am

I've worked with Goodmark pans in the past, but have no experience with the Sherman brand. Not sure if you're replacing all 4 pans but there is an option for a full floor from Goodmark but its pricey and I think its still on backorder. Here's a video I did covering those pieces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7SE5x4WHwU&t=596s
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:10 pm

Thank you G3. I forgot that you did post a video for that. I'll have to review your channel.
I'm just doing the fronts. Rears are nice & solid yet.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:24 pm

If you end up installing the Sherman floor pans, let us know how it goes. I'd be open to trying some if you think they are worth it.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:33 am

I have heard both bad and good about Sherman. I tried my own body work 30 years ago and decided it is best left to someone else! The guy that does my body work for me uses nothing but Sherman, and when he was doing his 1971 Buick GS, he did not like the way he aligned one of the quarter panels so he cut it off and redid it! He is extremely picky about his work and his GS looks better than factory. As a side note, when he found the GS to purchase, the had to cut the trees growing though the trunk and engine bay! (gotta love Michigan salted roads)
Iggy
Iggy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 15

76Chevelle2Tone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by relic7680 Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:36 pm

The (4) Sherman sections are the only pans reproduced for these cars....but unfortunately they do not cover a wide enough area to repair commonly rusted areas. I'd try for some used western panels unless your rust is confined to the coverage area of the aftermarket pieces.
relic7680
relic7680
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:48 pm

Thanks for the replies, I contacted my body man and he didn't sound to ambitious to do the job. He's 65, semi retired and can't get anybody that wants to work. Unfortunately there seems to be alot of that nowadays. If I ever find a new home with a shop or room to build one I will tackle it myself.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

76Chevelle2Tone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:56 pm

73ss wrote:Thanks for the replies, I contacted my body man and he didn't sound to ambitious to do the job. He's 65, semi retired and can't get anybody that wants to work. Unfortunately there seems to be a lot of that nowadays. If I ever find a new home with a shop or room to build one I will tackle it myself.

Good luck. As for independent repair services of all kinds yes they are fast disappearing. We are fortunate that G3 cars are mechanically straightforward to repair but the factory stamped body parts are a different matter. If there is welding involved, is there a welding shop that might do it?
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:16 pm

I can do some welding, Not an expert by any means, but I could do it. I'll have to study G3's video some more. Very Happy
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down