G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1977 SE in Wichita,Kansas

+8
badtemper44
The Dude
OnTheBottle
74MonteCarlo
jerry46765
mal76ibu
guna
74laguna
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

1977 SE in Wichita,Kansas - Page 2 Empty Re: 1977 SE in Wichita,Kansas

Post by heavychevy Mon May 30, 2011 8:54 pm

Hey guys, I just joined here but I have been looking around at these SE Chevelle's for awhile. I came across a pic I think you guys will like. Sorry there is only one, but that's all I have! Also I have no proof that this is a SE Chevelle front air dam, but from the looks of it I think it is. It also has the rear spoiler, but no stripes nor side louvers that I can see. Anyway here you go!
1977 SE in Wichita,Kansas - Page 2 ChevelleS-3AirDamspoilerchevytalkorgDoctorLarry

heavychevy
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Mon May 30, 2011 9:39 pm

That is Doctor Larry's car. He adapted those spoilers from some Camaro ones. The front is a generic one that he fitted to the car. He has a lot of info on these cars if you need to find out something about your ride. Although he mainly posts on the CT forum, he is pretty easy to get ahold of via pm over there.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Mon May 30, 2011 9:39 pm

Oh, and welcome to this site!
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon May 30, 2011 10:59 pm

I have a front air dam on mine that I bought off Ebay. It is high quality and is made of thick metal. I can't remember what I paid for it, but I think it was around $125.00. Tomorrow I will take some pictures of it. It is not very big, actually it is pretty small, but it helps direct air straight into the radiator and aids cooling. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by heavychevy Mon May 30, 2011 11:08 pm

bigredlaguna wrote:That is Doctor Larry's car. He adapted those spoilers from some Camaro ones. The front is a generic one that he fitted to the car. He has a lot of info on these cars if you need to find out something about your ride. Although he mainly posts on the CT forum, he is pretty easy to get ahold of via pm over there.

Ahhh okay! I should've noticed that the front does look sort of like a camaro air dam, as I own a '74 camaro! I saw that picture on chevytalk.org and the user name was DoctorLarry, so it all makes sense. Oh and thanks for the welcome and advice!

heavychevy
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by heavychevy Mon May 30, 2011 11:11 pm

JB2wheeler wrote:I have a front air dam on mine that I bought off Ebay. It is high quality and is made of thick metal. I can't remember what I paid for it, but I think it was around $125.00. Tomorrow I will take some pictures of it. It is not very big, actually it is pretty small, but it helps direct air straight into the radiator and aids cooling. JB

Was it something like this? I've heard they are pretty good quality, and fit many different cars. I realize this isn't the correct model, but you get the idea.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/68-Chevelle-front-SPOILER-El-Camino-/160594340917?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AChevelle&hash=item25642b2c35

heavychevy
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon May 30, 2011 11:31 pm

Yes, thats the guy I bought it from. It is high quality and comes with all mounting hardware and is easy to install. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2