G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Losing interest - long post.

+7
HDHugger
Limey SE
Malicruiser
bigredlaguna
The Dude
coreys73chevelle
1973 454 MONTE
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Losing interest - long post. Empty Losing interest - long post.

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:50 pm

I feel like I am losing interest in my car, guys. This is going to be a long post, so bear with me! This is going back a few months, so there's a lot to cover. My grandpa passed away in October, and my dad and I (mostly me) took over his 1948 Plymouth. In 2008, he entered it in an Orphan Car Show, here in MI. 2009, was the begin of his decline, and he didn't feel good enough to do it. So, for 2010, we are putting it in for him. My family kept the condo he had, and my cousin is renting it from my aunt(his mom). Therefore, we still have the garage(ONLY my dad and I have access to it) and the Plymouth is there. It's about an hour and a half drive from my place. The car hasn't really been driven very much in about a year or more. So, its very dirty, and needs a good detail before a big car show. So. My plan was, a few weeks before the Orphan show, bring the Plymouth to my house, and put my Monte Carlo back in my aunt's garage where I keep it during the Winter months. But, my dad has been trying to purchase the house next door to us. It's vacant, and has not been updated, fixed, or cleaned since it was new in 1970 and its the worst house in the neighborhood(no exaggeration). So, if he gets it, I was going to put the Plymouth and the Monte there. It's 25x30. Its huge. I was talking to my mom about all of this a few months ago (still winter) and she starts..."All I hear come out of your mouth is anything about your god damn cars! Can't you talk about anything else?" That's the statement that made me loose interest. I didn't even want to go to storage and start the damn car(Monte Carlo). It sat for over a month before I touched it(I normally don't let it go that long). This upset me. My cars are my life. I love every minute of it. And to say that about both cars, was worse. My grandpa loved his Plymouth. It was his second most prized possession. The very last thing my dad said to him before he died was "Kyle and I are going to take good care of Annie for you. We won't let anything happen to her." He gave my dad a thumbs up(that was his only movement). Soon after, he slipped into a coma, and was dead the next morning. So, I want to keep his car for him, and keep it nice, the way he would, and make him proud! And for my mom to have a problem with it, pissed me off! So. As months went on, I began to gain interest in my car(MC) again. Especially the last few days, around here has been 70 and 80 degrees and I have been seeing quite a few classics out, and mine is still in storage at my aunt's (9 miles from my place). In previous years, my mother has given up her place in the garage for my car. So, of course, she wants my dad to buy this other house, so she don't have to have hers outside, and I don't have to listen to her bitch about it. I said something today about wanting to bring it home sometime this week. And hastily, she replies "Wait until your dad gets the house and put it over there!" And I said "Well, what if something happens(again) and he doesn't? or it takes longer?" He's suppose to sign on Friday. The weather is getting nicer, I wanna cruise. So there again. Her rude statements, making me lose interest again. It will be a pain in the god damn A$$ with it over there. I'm doing something to it everyday. Whether it's polishing something, or tightening a loose screw. And to haul tools and sh!t over there all the time, will be a pain in the A$$! And I'm not bringing it around the corner and let it sit in my driveway all day for the public to see and to get dirty. Part of me wants it home...part of me wants it left in storage at my aunt's for the season, then I don't have to listen to her bitch! Oh, and before I forget, the car is NOT for sale Wink

Thanks for reading and letting me vent guys...I'll update ya on what happens...

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Losing interest - long post. Empty Re: Losing interest - long post.

Post by coreys73chevelle Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:06 pm

thats kinda whats happing with me too. i put way too much time into my car and all my money and i still cant drive it after 4 years, my parents wont help in any way either they would rather bitch about it taking up space and help my 30 year old sister out by buying her two cars in thier name with no drivers liscence. so yea im completly on my own with my car and mine does have to go!,
if i were you id just store the Plymouth and drive the monte. keeping the plmouyh as a show car just the way it is, and then move your tools to where the car is. then be like mom i got my car and my tools out of your house! lol
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:10 pm

That's tough man. Mine needs no work...I just maintain it. But, like you said...it takes up space. The Plymouth is just a show car...always will be. Monte too for that matter.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:29 pm

well Kyle heres the answer your not looking for !!! Let your dad buy the house next door, then but it on contract from him fix it as needed and solve your car prob along with tools after all your 18 now and maybe its time to think about it

AND BY NO MEANS IS THIS A DIG ON YOU .................FROM ALL THE DEALINGS I HAVE HAD WITH YOU, YOU SEEM LIKE YOU WOULD DO OK WITH IT

and this just comes in after I say I vote for you to have your G3 for life till death WTG Kyle LMAO J/K

Last edited by Limey on Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:30 pm

Guys, this is just part of life. Things happen that we can't control, MOST women bitch about the cars we love & don't understand it, projects go unfinished, etc. Right now, I'm in a losing battle with trying to feed five mouths only having one job that doesn't pay very well. I still manage to tinker with the 76 as I can, the 73 & my Samurai both sit getting no attention as bills seem to start falling behind. I've already sold off a couple of vehicles, one of them I really didn't want to. Life gives everyone curveballs, but these are just tests to see if you can make it through the hard times. I keep my head high & just ignore the harsh comments. Even my wife bitches from time to time about me working on cars, but she LOVES the Chevelles. Suspect
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:34 pm

hey guys I am in the same boat.the monte has been at my brothers house for the last year and now the house has been sold.so I put it in the 14x30 storage unit I have.but I needed the place for the car parts I had in my brothers basement,so I had to put the monte in my parents car port on the side of their garage.oh bouy that was the wrong thing to do.besides getting told that it will soon be in the way,its also easier to get in and drive.when it was at my brothers,it was 30 miles away and was easy not to think about it.now its less than 3 minutes away and is to easy (this w-end was 70-80) just to get in it and go. I also have the 86 caprice that one day might be on the road again.than I will have two classics I need to find a place for. altho both cars would be easy to sell to someone,I would not want to see 24"s on it and bumpin down the road. I really need to take out the dash and fix my heater core in the monte,but feel my parents will cuss me out (cause now its not moveable) because I'm working on it. I can still start and move the monte with the dash out,but they would not see it that way. makes me want to just sell both cars and by a motorcycle cause it would be easier to store,but than I can't take the boys anywhere with me.and they would kill me if I sold either one.(they dont like the 24" thing either).
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:37 pm

Limey wrote:well Kyle heres the answer your not looking for !!! Let your dad buy the house next door, then but it on contract from him fix it as needed and solve your car prob along with tools after all your 18 now and maybe its time to think about it

OMG-----I would of loved if my parents bought the house next door. I might not of never scrapped my first car.......................................... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:09 pm

Limey wrote:well Kyle heres the answer your not looking for !!! Let your dad buy the house next door, then but it on contract from him fix it as needed and solve your car prob along with tools after all your 18 now and maybe its time to think about it

AND BY NO MEANS IS THIS A DIG ON YOU .................FROM ALL THE DEALINGS I HAVE HAD WITH YOU, YOU SEEM LIKE YOU WOULD DO OK WITH IT

and this just comes in after I say I vote for you to have your G3 for life till death WTG Kyle LMAO J/K

x2 i wish i could move out right now. everything would be so much better. my mom told me to move out and im not even 18 yet nor am i a bad kid, i mean really she tells me to get emancipated and my sister sits and plays games online all day and shes 30 plus if she ever gets caught agian with drugs everything incuding my partnts home, and all my stuff and my parents stuff gets taken by the state and we ALL get put into jail. say they cant afford to help me in any way then goes and buys my sister the 2nd car then a while later a brand new car for her and then a couch for more than ive put into my car. scratch and i help my parents on everything i can and im not ungrateful i know they give a house and food. im the only family member thats actually there for people when they need help everyone else just is always to busy doing nothing. parents dont even support me on something im interested in? no wonder my sister is how she is! my mom just told me today that i wasted 4 years of my life on the chevelle and its always a fight whenever anyone talks about it! everyday i get asked by people isnt your car running yet? no, well cant your parents help you out and get you a cheap $400 car for your birthday then you pay em back? NO! they would rather get me a video game when i ask for nothing or just help on my car parts.. im thinkin that way they dont have to face the reality that ill be out of the house and being the youngest kid they will have to face the fact of getting older seems like they want me to sit at home all day and do nothing

sorry just needed to vent.
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:00 pm

Wasted 4 years? Man that would be fuel to the fire just to get it drivable. Then if you still want to sell it, make your choice. Nothing shuts up negative attitudes towards a project like the finished product. Sounds like you either sell it & mom says "I told you so" or you finish it & she might acknowledge your achievements. As far as needing a car at your age, I understand. I went through them like crazy for a couple of years. I ruined a 70 Chevelle that my dad had since I was a kid. After blowing a few motors & ruining some cars, there was no help from anyone. I rode my bicycle to school & work everyday in embarrassment, & I lived 5 miles outside of town. It sucked, but eventually I got another car running.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:11 pm

I am in no position to live on my own right now. Lol.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:14 pm

You young kids inspire me. Its good to see you all not on drugs and living a good life. Believe me, you WILL be rewarded when you get older. When I was growing up it seemed like every time I turned around I would see where someone I knew got killed or ODed or went to the Big House. I did my share of hell raisin', but I did have a conscience and when friends would say "lets go steal the suppies the local mom and pop grocery stored on their porch", thats when I would say I gotta go. Yeh, good kids do bad things, but they will always pull thru. Working on cars is one way to occupy your time to keep you out of trouble. As for G3s and simular cars, there are very few people today, of any age, that really appreciate these cars. Thats just a fact of life and I hate to see them all go the way of the Unicorn. I am old and will not be here much longer. I want to find a young person to help me work on my cars. I know of a good boy/man about 17 or 18 who would be perfect, but can't find him. I am now using a cane and walker whenever I leave the house to go to a doctor or etc. Its hard to face this. I have a front spoiler to put on my 74 and the biggest problem is getting down on the floor and using the bumper to pull myself back up. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:11 pm

JB I really wished I was alot closer to you than I am for I sure as hell would be hanging at your place a lot giving you a hand and listening to your stories AND I PRAY THAT WE WOULD GET A CHANCE TO MEET BEFORE THE LORD CALLS YA HOME.......

I am not hurrying that along by no means but sure as would be proud to call you my friend !!!! When are we gonna get to see a pic of you anyways LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:22 pm

There are NO pictures of me, but there are a lot of broken cameras lying around where someone tried to take my picture, lol. As a matter of fact I think there are two pictures of me when I was young that I put on my picturetrail account. One is of me (wearing glasses) and a good buddy, standing beside my white 56 Chevy 210. That buddy of mine was dead two years after that picture was taken because of a heart defect. The other pic of me is a shot of my 1956 Olds 98. I THINK I put that pic in there. JB-----No the Olds was not in there, but there is a picture of me and my mom beside my 54 Furd. http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/19847223
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:32 pm

what kinda bike is this

Losing interest - long post. 326240290

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:37 pm

An electric bicycle. It has a battery pack and a motor/generator. Do I win?
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:39 pm

never seen on e of them before is why I ask ??

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:45 pm

You're right, it is an electric bicycle that is built out of the best materials and components available at the time. If you take the battery out you can lift it real easy because it is so light. The only problem is the battery went kaput about 10 years ago and are no longer available. It can be ridden as a regular 10 speed bicycle. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:47 pm

looks kewl to me JB dont see many of them anymore

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:14 am

JB2wheeler wrote:You young kids inspire me. Its good to see you all not on drugs and living a good life. Believe me, you WILL be rewarded when you get older. When I was growing up it seemed like every time I turned around I would see where someone I knew got killed or ODed or went to the Big House. I did my share of hell raisin', but I did have a conscience and when friends would say "lets go steal the suppies the local mom and pop grocery stored on their porch", thats when I would say I gotta go. Yeh, good kids do bad things, but they will always pull thru. Working on cars is one way to occupy your time to keep you out of trouble. As for G3s and simular cars, there are very few people today, of any age, that really appreciate these cars. Thats just a fact of life and I hate to see them all go the way of the Unicorn. I am old and will not be here much longer. I want to find a young person to help me work on my cars. I know of a good boy/man about 17 or 18 who would be perfect, but can't find him. I am now using a cane and walker whenever I leave the house to go to a doctor or etc. Its hard to face this. I have a front spoiler to put on my 74 and the biggest problem is getting down on the floor and using the bumper to pull myself back up. JB
Man I wish I lived near you. I spend every saturday morning at local diner with my dad and grandfather just chatting about "Back in my day". Gotta say, those are the memories that I hope to tell my future child/children. And I'm right there with you on having to use your bumper just so you can get up.
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:24 pm

i gotta say though guys, i have really noticed our cars taking off in popularity out here in southern california, especially the eklys, over the last few months, i think all the publicity in the mags and the fact you can get a daily drivable G3 for as low as $1,000 are making these attractive to a lot of the younger generations that dont want to smog their g bodies but cant afford to buy anything 72 and older, for the first time in person, i actually saw a g3 elky that would give mine a run for its money in the looks department when i was out walking the dog. I had NEVER seen one even as close to as nice as mine until i joined this site, and NEVER in person. SO DONT GIVE UP HOPE FOR OUR CARS. They will never command the money and respect of an LS6 code 454 chevelle, but i think the aftermarket is starting to catch on.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:25 pm

Ours are catching on becasue pre 72's are all eaten up...lol.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:40 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:Ours are catching on becasue pre 72's are all eaten up...lol.

NOPE Kyle they are just realizing that our's are far more superior for handling is all Twisted Evil Twisted Evil What a Face Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Clapp Clapp Clapp Clapp

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:40 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:Ours are catching on becasue pre 72's are all eaten up...lol.

thats true, although after i finish my elco im holding out for a 68/69 chevelle, 70-72 monte, or if i can get a job as a service advisor soon, a dynacorn 1st gen camaro body, which ill do with all the bells and whistles.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:41 pm

TWBouska wrote:

thats true, although after i finish my elco im holding out for a 68/69 chevelle, 70-72 monte, or if i can get a job as a service advisor soon, a dynacorn 1st gen camaro body, which ill do with all the bells and whistles.

THERE BE A TRAITOR IN OUR MIDST LMAO OFF WITH HIS HEAD AND FEED THE REST TO THE SHARKS LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:54 pm

haha i cant help it, ill never get rid of my elky, but ive always loved those other 3 cars, although there is an old man by me with a 70 plymouth GTX 383 and im about ready to start harrassing him weekly until he agrees to sell it to me...i dont care what i have to do to get that car either, but one day, i will have one.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next