G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Losing interest - long post.

+7
HDHugger
Limey SE
Malicruiser
bigredlaguna
The Dude
coreys73chevelle
1973 454 MONTE
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Losing interest - long post. - Page 2 Empty Re: Losing interest - long post.

Post by HDHugger Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:27 pm

From a mother's point of view, I would rather have a kid working on cars than out getting in trouble. It's a great hobby and helps a kid learn about the benefits of hard work, appreciation for what goes into something nice, pride in accomplishments, and a sense of purpose.

From a woman's point of view, have you men tried getting your women involved? Have you worked on a classic car for her? Taken her to car shows and just enjoyed the day with her? I know for some couples it still doesn't help, but I love it when my husband takes the time to work on any of my cars (old or new) and my mom's husband has enough garage space for 7+ cars, and she loves it, as long as he keeps her 57 Chevy running.

Corey, here is my advise. Keep your car and still try to keep the peace, and when you get ready to settle down, make sure it's with a girl that shares your interests. After that it will be smooth sailing. Maybe.

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:55 pm

She does agree that she'd rather have me in the garage than out doing god knows what. She just bitches that my car takes up so much space in my tiny garage and hers sits outside.

My girlfriend has no problem with my hobby. She goes to shows with me, she listens to my car rants. I plan on sometime tearing down and repainting the engine of my Monte Carlo, and she even said she'd help me. She knows NOTHING about them, but they make me happy, and that's all that matters to her.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:14 pm

HDHugger wrote:

From a woman's point of view, have you men tried getting your women involved? Have you worked on a classic car for her?

my girlfriend has a 70 chevelle (the one as my avatar) two years into our relationship i FINALLY got her to work on the car with me, well, actually she wanted me to come in and spend time with her but knew i wouldnt until i was done for the day, but anyways, i had her clean my engine block off before i put the new heads on, and i think she actually enjoyed it. although she loves her car too, she still thinks im nuts for spending as much time as i do involving cars. (oh well) but anyways moral of the story is i agree with you, its better to have someone who understands or at least appreciates your hobbies. I have heard too many stories of guys who have wive/girlfriends who make them choose between them and their car.

as for corey and kyle, i know how you feel too, my dad constantly talks sh!t about how i shouldnt spend money on my car because it will never be worth money and blah, blah, blah, but im an only child and he doesnt really understand what its like to have a kid thats a trouble maker because i never gave my parents any, and im sure neither of you have either, anyways, moral of the story is to let them spew their B.S., maybe they dont understand now, but they will one day, so do your best to let it go.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:33 pm

If I am not mistaken, the Dynacorn bodies can not be used on the street because they do not have a VIN and they would have to meet new car emission standards. I may be wrong on that, but thats my understanding. There is a stripped down model of the new Challenger that has about a 1,000 pounds left out of it and they are made for race tracks only and can not be used on the streets. They are semi production line models that are pulled off the line early and altered. They even have plastic side windows and cost 40 Gs with the biggest modern Hemi engine. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Ha, I'm an only child too. I don't even put any money into my car. Its all original. So, that's never been an issue. My dad is actually jealous of my car. He'll never tell me though. He told the woman that cuts our hair, and she told me. My car is 100% original, FULL documentation, original paint, original miles, I'm the second owner(need I go on?) and with his...the only original sheet metal is the doors...NOTHING is numbers matching...half the options on it, it never came with, not original mileage...no idea who the previous owners are etc. Still a nice car though. After I got my Monte Carlo, he totally neglected his Chevelle. I think it's VERY childish for a 50 year old man to be jealous of his almost 19 year old son's car, IMO.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:55 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:Ha, I'm an only child too. I don't even put any money into my car. Its all original. So, that's never been an issue. My dad is actually jealous of my car. He'll never tell me though. He told the woman that cuts our hair, and she told me. My car is 100% original, FULL documentation, original paint, original miles, I'm the second owner(need I go on?) and with his...the only original sheet metal is the doors...NOTHING is numbers matching...half the options on it, it never came with, not original mileage...no idea who the previous owners are etc. Still a nice car though. After I got my Monte Carlo, he totally neglected his Chevelle. I think it's VERY childish for a 50 year old man to be jealous of his almost 19 year old son's car, IMO.

haha i hear that, id be jealous too, although if he wants to part with that 70 chevelle ill give him my elco for it.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:05 am

He'd never sell it. Quite frankly, I wish he would. He never uses it.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:18 pm

You wish he'd sell it?
He never uses it?
You yourself rarely drive your 74...
Regardless of the originality of either of them, the 70 will bring more money if it were sold. I'm all for the G3's, but come on man, wake the **** up. Your dad has a 70 convertible Chevelle. It's a nice ride. Maybe you're the one who is jealous.

Dude, get a job, save some money, and move out. You won't have to listen to your mom complain about your car, and you'll have your own place to do with as you please.

As for losing interest, it happens to everyone. Doesn't mean you should sell it... I stopped working on my car for about 8 years due to not having the time or cash to do what I wanted. Only in the last couple years was I able to make it into how I always saw it.

Bottom line: Get over it. You're the only one who controls your life. Make whatever changes you need to.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Oh really? I barley drive it? Do you live with me? Do you live around here and attend my local car shows? No, you don't. I drive my Monte Carlo almost every EDIT day in the summer. And I'm not an idiot. I know his Chevelle is worth more than my Monte Carlo. I am not jealous of it. It is a very nice car, and I enjoy driving it. I drive it more than he does. Sounds like YOU'RE the one that's jealous, not having a 70 Chevelle convertible. If you paid attention to any of my posts, you would have seen me say before I'd rather have one of these cars, than an earlier A-Body because earlier ones are so common.

Why don't YOU come to Michigan and find a job? Not easy. This state has the WORST economy in the country. I have applied in damn near every single establishment around here, more than once, and nothing.

Bottom line: get your facts straight before you play Dr. Phil and tell me what to do and how to live my life and telling me how I feel.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:44 pm

1: Jealous - Hardly.
2: Job - Move.
3: Whining - It gets old, cut it out.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum