G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FINALLY!!!

5 posters

Go down

FINALLY!!! Empty FINALLY!!!

Post by chevy76monteman Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:40 pm

So, a month and a half later, I FINALLY received my check from the insurance company for the damage to my Monte Carlo. I got $1094.25 since that is what the body shop quoted. As soon as the check clears, I'm going to get the replacement parts. Not gonna have a body shop do it so I'll have a little cash left over, which will either be used for Christmas presents OR (what I really want to do) the final parts I want to get to finish the Grand Prix's engine.
chevy76monteman
chevy76monteman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

FINALLY!!! Empty Re: FINALLY!!!

Post by 1973montec Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:51 pm

does not seem like enough. scratch
1973montec
1973montec
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by chevy76monteman Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:49 am

1973montec wrote:does not seem like enough. scratch

That is ordering all the replacement parts from Phil Kmett and labor of the body shop (including a new tail pipe). There is no frame or body damage aside from the bumper and tail pipe. And since I'm not going to deal with the body shop and fix it myself, I'll have a little extra cash to use.
chevy76monteman
chevy76monteman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by JiMi_DRiX Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:17 am

It didnt damage your quarter panel or tail light/housing? Thats pretty good. When the Shamrock Foods guy backed up into my 76, I got about $800 for the damage. I never did get it fixed though. I knew the pearl paint would never match, I think I just put the money into other Monte parts. I'm just living with the minor damage until I can get the car properly redone and painted one last time.
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:56 pm

Glad you finally got that money, Dustin!

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |* 06/2011.RT=us66+NW USA*
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"No store bought gifts to open, but there'll be Christmas just the same" ... Kenny Rogers ... 'Kentucky Homemade Christmas'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:36 pm

sorry to hear about your monte Dustin. glad to see you got some money and was able to fix it up.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down