G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missed out on a dash

3 posters

Go down

Missed out on a dash Empty Missed out on a dash

Post by Marshall.Pixley Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:39 pm

i had a deal set up with a junk yard, the guy said he had hundereds of dashes stored in a warehouse, but that i needed to come quick cause when the crusher came they were going to be.... well crushed. i missed it by one day. darn. he did have some 4th gen SS bezels and gauges though. but i didnt need em so i left em.
Marshall.Pixley
Marshall.Pixley
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Missed out on a dash Empty Re: Missed out on a dash

Post by Cdub74 Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:59 pm

Tear.....tear.... Head Bang . Around here the oldest cars in the junk yards are 1980 and newer, your lucky to have those parts available! well......did have available.
Cdub74
Cdub74
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:04 pm

You figured he would give you the benefit of doubt & at least hold one or two of them for you to buy. Some people are just so damn impatient to make a quick buck & it irritates me.

Are you needing the pad or the bezels?

Cdub, around my area I have trouble locating parts for an S10! Not like it was uncommon or anything, but most of our salvage yards only keep stuff 10 years old or newer now. Ten years ago, there were several salvage yards in the area that catered directly to classic cars. Some went out of business, some owners sold out to new people without concern for old iron, & some owners passed away leaving it to their heirs that scrapped everything in a week's time.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshall.Pixley Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:30 pm

im needing the pad, and what sucked was i had to drive 4 freaking hours to get to the place.
Marshall.Pixley
Marshall.Pixley
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down