G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~~Introduce Yourself~~

+114
Homer J
77camino
76ANOTHERDAYChevelle
GeeGeeGee333
Joe73
RossM
carcrazy
thatfnthing
kpanepinto
Mcarlo77
coachbobirwin11@gmail.com
73LeMans
Hs1973
bigredlaguna
impalamonte
clanceman427
Andrew83
wlardimhir
Francine77
fasrnur
Logicalloco
Evil ElCo
Limey SE
chevellelaguna
77mali
Rz7ft4
dynchel
testpilot61
knightfan26917
77dreammachine
braunicus
Keith Seymore
ElkeeLee73
Hoss406
Grimeyfonz
ant7377
nicky73gs
'73 Guna
driveit
Wallyuph
Tom77
allenland2000
Rt66Cruzer
Famstyle
JB2wheeler
magic marouke
WyldeBill66
1973 454 MONTE
1973montec
skeezix91
the orange one
dragons_lair59
Turtle83
BicknellWelding
Tuffenough4u
Pontichev327
Laguna Budman
Sleddogg
Darkcalling
bigred84
Bret Mullikin
Darkcalling1
alleyball4
jerry46765
geoff528
taffy bear
cp73
73 SS owner
Hawk03
redmalibu
Cdub74
badtemper44
Graham Perkins
malibob73
Buzzman
irishish27
74MonteCarlo
DiscoMalibu
pila
77ElClassic
canam455
BigSythe
micara928
MT76LAGUNA
4gotn73
Suiteriff
laguna55
74Guna
Checyxtc
The Dude
1973chevelle
Fishgrinder
abajc3
BlackChevelleSS
denard52
77malibu77
Lord Vader
Malicruiser
Roadcaptain S3
cromags76 BANNED
76LagunaS3
badbiscayne66
74442guy
coreys73chevelle
jerry harman
autorecycler
lincoln_guy1991
1977chevelle
G3NUT
Hydro King
chevys_r_us
TheDeve
Compucarracing
Admin
118 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 18 Empty Re: ~~Introduce Yourself~~

Post by 76ANOTHERDAYChevelle Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:31 pm

Hello everyone, glad to be here. I just picked up a clean 1976 Malibu Classic this past weekend. Had been looking for one for awhile now was happy to find a really nice low mileage one close to home. My parents but a '76 in 1978 and we grew up with that as our daily driver. Myself, my brother and my sister all used it at one point or anther as our primary driver as well as we all reached that driving age. Sadly it got very neglected and the body just went away on it (one winter in Ohio! we live in Kansas). We still have it and I would LOVE to restore it still someday but I'm glad to have found another one to replace it for now.
76ANOTHERDAYChevelle
76ANOTHERDAYChevelle
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

RossM likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 77camino Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:18 pm

Welcome! There are many members here that are replacing their first car. What part of Kansas are you from?
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 8

RossM likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RossM Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:52 pm

Welcome to the fold. Pretty good people here, as I have found. Enjoy your stay !

RossM
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:18 pm

Welcome aboard sir. I've had mine now for 4 years and I found it in a barn. Still a work in progress. But aren't they all? ~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 18 Barn11
~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 18 67068811
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

RossM likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:05 pm

welcome Aboard Look forward to seeing your Build, Both of my Cars came from Wichita Kansas Same owners .... all but floors survived so far

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

RossM likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:01 am

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to photos!

thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

RossM likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 76ANOTHERDAYChevelle Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:04 am

77camino wrote:Welcome! There are many members here that are replacing their first car. What part of Kansas are you from?

I'm in McPherson, about an hour north of Wichita.
76ANOTHERDAYChevelle
76ANOTHERDAYChevelle
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

RossM likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 76ANOTHERDAYChevelle Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:11 am

~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 18 76b2b810

~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 18 C3597910
~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 18 1db55b10

Hopefully get better pictures this weekend.
76ANOTHERDAYChevelle
76ANOTHERDAYChevelle
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

RossM, muldokken and 76Chevelle2Tone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 77camino Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:47 am

Very nice! Darn! I’m in the KC area. McPherson...GO BULLPUPS!
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 8

RossM likes this post

Back to top Go down

~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 18 Empty New guy from Maryland

Post by Homer J Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:33 pm

Hi all. I’m Jim from southern Maryland.  My ride of choice is a 1974 Grand Am with a 455. Starlight black with Oxblood interior.  

When I was in high school, 1980ish, I had a 74 Grand Am then as well. I always regretted selling it and swore someday I would have another. That day came last fall when I found one in Albany New York. Drove up there over a long weekend In October and brought her home.
Homer J
Homer J
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Limey SE and RossM like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:35 am

Welcome to the site! Have always loved the looks of the Grand Am. Just don't see many of them, unfortunately. Bucket seats? Console? Factory trumpet horns?
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Homer J Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:45 am

Yes to all three. I was quite surprised it still had the trumpet horns. The one I had in high school had them too. Funny story about those horns. I grew up in a resort town that had various amusement areas. One place had a water slide and bumper boats. The bumper boat place had a horn that they blew when your time was up, and it sounded exactly like my Grand Am horns. I liked to drive past and blow my horn just to watch everyone think they were getting cheated on their time in the boats.
Homer J
Homer J
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:25 pm

Ha...great story! The sound is so unique. I pulled a pair of working horns off a '74 Grand Am sitting in a JY in my area and plan to mount them on my '75 Laguna.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:33 pm

Nice welcome to the site ..... Sounds like a cool Car When your Ready for a Shirt for your Car let I print them LOL

~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 18 18301310

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Homer J likes this post

Back to top Go down

~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 18 Empty Another FNG guy lol

Post by muldokken Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:16 pm

Hello, my name is Lynn. Was a GM master tech for 30+ years, ran my own shop for a few years till I retired. Now I am building and working on my own stuff. Projects include well in the car Field anyway 2 Chevelle Laguna's 73 and 74 S3 Canadian built car. Got docs from GM Canada George zapora. 2 64 corvairs, 2 88 Corolla GTS ae92's and a 76 GMC shorty 4x4. The 74 is a factory low mile numbers matching 454 non ac car and the 73 is and odd ball Leeds built car that was built like a Malibu SS . Round guages an7 strato buckets, center console and ss tail lights. Found the build sheet intact and in good shape under the tank. So it has docs. 73 was a 350 car and recently put a blueprint small block 454 in it and kept the number match 350. 74 is almost done, paint and body work this summer. 73 is half done. These will be driver's.
muldokken
muldokken
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Limey SE, knightfan26917 and 76Chevelle2Tone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:50 pm

Welcome Aboard Lynn, Sounds Like some Nice Vehicles Please Visit the Project Pics section and start a Build thread on them if you would like, And can be one for each if you would like to keep them Separate Updates for each, You Usually have to wait 5 days to post pics.
Again Welcome from Admin of G3GM

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

muldokken likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:19 pm

muldokken wrote:Hello, my name is Lynn. Was a GM master tech for 30+ years, ran my own shop for a few years till I retired. Now I am building and working on my own stuff. Projects include well in the car Field anyway 2 Chevelle Laguna's 73 and 74 S3 Canadian built car. Got docs from GM Canada George zapora. 2 64 corvairs, 2 88 Corolla GTS ae92's and a 76 GMC shorty 4x4. The 74 is a factory low mile numbers matching 454 non ac car and the 73 is and odd ball Leeds built car that was built like a Malibu SS . Round guages an7 strato buckets, center console and ss tail lights. Found the build sheet intact and in good shape under the tank. So it has docs. 73 was a 350 car and recently put a blueprint small block 454 in it and kept the number match 350. 74 is almost done, paint and body work this summer. 73 is half done. These will be driver's.

That's a bunch of cool cars you have in the corral! Welcome from Texas!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

muldokken likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by muldokken Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:31 pm

Thanx bro
muldokken
muldokken
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

~~Introduce Yourself~~ - Page 18 Empty just dropped in

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Thu May 12, 2022 12:06 am

Hi I'm Steve. I have a 76 Chevelle Classic sedan much like the pics posted by 76AnotherDay for the coupe. i got the car many years ago. I was just driving with someone else to lunch and they noticed an old car in a parking lot with a For Sale sign in the window. We stopped took a look at it and I got the phone number. Bought it cheap that afternoon. It was in good shape with low miles but had a few odd problems like a loose firewall mount and a glitchy starter motor. I got it reupholstered with Camaro cloth which looked good but was darn expensive even over 30 years ago. Didn't realize Camaro owners were rolling in cash. Of course sedan specific parts are always a concern. I have been pleasantly surprised at the general availability of parts for these A bodies though, as they are not the darling of the muscle car fans (even though the Laguna was a very decent stock car in its day). Anyway nice that this Forum exists.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Limey SE, knightfan26917 and muldokken like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:00 pm

Hi, My name is Gerry Blyth (gsblyth@ewts.ca), a Canadian living in Ottawa.

I've had a 75 Laguna S3 since 2007; bought it without an engine or transmission (but otherwise in good shape and only 42,000 miles) for a very good price. I put a 454 and good T350 in it and drove it - summers only - until 2017. That summer I was visiting an acquaintance who had a nice, bare, Dart Big M block for sale. I had to have it, and it was priced right so I bought it. I've been building motors for local drag and oval racers and street cars since 1975 but never did a big, big block; a 475 inch drag boat motor was the biggest to date.

Over five years later and it's now in my S3 in the form of a fuel injected 632 inch dry sump motor, a custom-built T400, plus a new 9" Ford 3.42. It's also been fitted with disks all around. Nothing on the outside of the car suggests it isn't stock - except perhaps for the noise it makes, but anyway, it's a street-only car - no big tires, no tubs or roll cage, and a very small custom-built steel scoop which was necessary to clear to top of the breather. The Dart Big M (from Dart Machinery) is a "tall deck block" designed specifically for racing so its added height forced my hand as I didn't really want to use a scoop. I growing to like this scoop, even though it's a bit unusual, now that I've had it for just about a year.

If anyone shows an interest I've documented the build with pics and can post some of them. Being taller and wider, and a bit heavier than a normal big-block Chev, and outfitted with a dry sump system made the build quite an interesting journey and a tight squeeze even for the Laguna. It's now pretty well complete, with all bodywork, paint, a new floor, carpet, wheels and tires added - just needs some minor head liner repair over the windshield . I've now driven it a few hundred miles and, to my surprise, it handles very well - although if you get on the throttle you need to be absolutely sure that the car is pointed in the right direction.

I've been looking forward to becoming a member of the G3GM forum for a while. I look forward to helping anyone that might need it if building or upgrading their motor. Stay well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:26 pm

Welcome Aboard Gerry you can start a Build thread under Project Pictures section and 5 day waiting period for Pictures to be able to post PM me for the Sticker Option you want for the donation

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Iggy Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:28 pm

Welcome! Sounds like a great car.
Iggy
Iggy