G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

might be able to trade my extra toolbox full of cheap chinese tools for...

+5
74MonteCarlo
pila
Limey SE
Mcarlo77
yogreasygramma
9 posters

Go down

might be able to trade my extra toolbox full of cheap chinese tools for... Empty might be able to trade my extra toolbox full of cheap chinese tools for...

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:02 am

a 77 grand prix
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2633178573.html

OR

a 74 chevelle

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/2622325504.html

which one would you guys take and why? im kinda leaning towards the GP
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

might be able to trade my extra toolbox full of cheap chinese tools for... Empty Re: might be able to trade my extra toolbox full of cheap chinese tools for...

Post by yogreasygramma Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:05 am

Wow. To me, that Grand Prix would be a killer score. Why? Because it's complete, loaded with options, black/black and presumably rust-free. I like the style of the Grand Prixs much more than the Chevelle. How can you lose on this deal?!
yogreasygramma
yogreasygramma
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

might be able to trade my extra toolbox full of cheap chinese tools for... Empty Re: might be able to trade my extra toolbox full of cheap chinese tools for...

Post by 74MonteCarlo Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:25 am

TWBouska AKA Wooderson wrote:which one would you guys take and why?

I think you know my answer, bud! LOL!

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:01 am

yogreasygramma wrote:Wow. To me, that Grand Prix would be a killer score. Why? Because it's complete, loaded with options, black/black and presumably rust-free. I like the style of the Grand Prixs much more than the Chevelle. How can you lose on this deal?!

i LOVE that GP, the only drawback here is the smog laws make it hard to mod, even if it wasnt in a trade, the GP is still a great deal because of the price. the other cool thing is the tools id be trading were free, the company i work for bought me a tool box full of tools but i already have tools and these ones are cheap chinese tools (i refuse to buy anything not made in the USA) so it would work.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:02 am

74MonteCarlo wrote:

haha i dont know kyle, first id say youd take the chevelle, but you like so many different cars and as a monte owner i kinda feel like youd lean towards its cousin, the gp.
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:10 am

I vote for the GP. Any black on black "A" body is killer IMO! And, as you say, there's no out-of-pocket money spent. Can't go wrong here.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:35 am

GP all the way its a 400/400 combo would love to have a car with that motor !!

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:02 pm

I would personally pick the GP, and bolt a 500 Caddy to that TH400 transmission ! Very Happy
Not that I don't like the Poncho 400. I built one about ten years ago.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:19 pm

TWBouska AKA Wooderson wrote:
74MonteCarlo wrote:

haha i dont know kyle, first id say youd take the chevelle, but you like so many different cars and as a monte owner i kinda feel like youd lean towards its cousin, the gp.

You know me well! I do like many different cars, but I would take the 74 Chevelle in a heart beat. I've got a soft spot for 'em. Of all of the 73-77 Colonnade's...the Grand Prix is my least favorite. Especially the 73-75. 76-77's are much better, but still my least favorite.

'65 Grand Prix? I'd give a nut for.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:15 am

pila wrote:I would personally pick the GP, and bolt a 500 Caddy to that TH400 transmission ! Very Happy
Not that I don't like the Poncho 400. I built one about ten years ago.

dude i LOVE the potential of the cad 500s...best factory big block ever made IMO
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:17 am

74MonteCarlo wrote:
74MonteCarlo wrote:

You know me well! I do like many different cars, but I would take the 74 Chevelle in a heart beat. I've got a soft spot for 'em. Of all of the 73-77 Colonnade's...the Grand Prix is my least favorite. Especially the 73-75. 76-77's are much better, but still my least favorite.

'65 Grand Prix? I'd give a nut for.

the 65's are a huge fav, only downside to that chevelle is how far away it is, high desert is about half way to las vegas, almost nevada state line
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:18 am

Mcarlo77 wrote:I vote for the GP. Any black on black "A" body is killer IMO! And, as you say, there's no out-of-pocket money spent. Can't go wrong here.

mcarlo and limey, thanks for the insight, the more i think about this car, the more i want it, rust free, i dont think id even want to paint it for a long time, i think id just wanna throw some nice chrome wheels and drive as is
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by JiMi_DRiX Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:13 am

I'd take the Grand Prix. But are those seats original? Seller says the car is "untouched" The 400/400 combo is nice too.
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:03 am

JiMi_DRiX wrote:I'd take the Grand Prix. But are those seats original? Seller says the car is "untouched" The 400/400 combo is nice too.

yes those are original to pontiacs. i once had a set in my 75 monte. driver side was power. thet were nice and cozzy.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by TWBouska AKA Wooderson Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:20 am

i really want the pontiac out of the two, for a "motivated seller" the guy hasnt done a great job of getting back to me..but its typical of craigslist. also might be able to trade to my buddy for his 9c1 92 caprice, which wouldnt be bad either
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
TWBouska AKA Wooderson
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by abajc3 Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:49 pm

yogreasygramma wrote:Wow. To me, that Grand Prix would be a killer score. Why? Because it's complete, loaded with options, black/black and presumably rust-free. I like the style of the Grand Prixs much more than the Chevelle. How can you lose on this deal?!

i LOVE that GP, the only drawback here is the smog laws make it hard to mod, even if it wasnt in a trade, the GP is still a great deal because of the price. the other cool thing is the tools id be trading were free, the company i work for bought me a tool box full of tools but i already have tools and these ones are cheap chinese tools (i refuse to buy anything not made in the USA) so it would work.

which brand of tools do you prefer? i completely agree with you on that made in USA part. working with cheap tools is a complete nightmare. i´ve worked with many german and american tools of higher price range and they´re awesome. i have a large beta tools (italian brand, sponsors all major racing series here in europe) set, but so far it´s been dissapointing.

i´d take the gp too, and leave it as is appearance wise, i love rat rods Very Happy

abajc3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down