G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

might have a car found

2 posters

Go down

might have a car found  Empty might have a car found

Post by dragons_lair59 Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:46 pm

Ok getting close to going and looking at a malibu that I've kept secret for some time it's supposed to be clean and under 90k on the clock. Now I remember a few problem areas with rot from my first one. Under the side trim on the lower body and behind rear wheels where else? It's a 350/350 combo
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

might have a car found  Empty Re: might have a car found

Post by 77mali Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:40 am

Take a real good & bright flashlight along w/ you. Take the vents off the door frames to look inside the wheel wheels- 2 screws each. Look in the trunk under the package tray to the left & right for any evidence of water infiltration from back-glass seal failure (very common and this will rot the J channel for the glass & the panel area just above the trunk that has a seam along both rear quarters). Unscrew the kick panels & see if the insulation is still good & dry or if it's disintegrated as this is a sure sign of a leak from the windshield @ the A pillars. Window belts on the doors also are a common area of water getting into the door chamber, if the drain plugs are blocked it can lead to rot @ the bottom of the doors. Check the windshield cowl cover also where the wipers are there should be body sealant at all the seams, this is another avenue for water to rot the firewall. Look under the car @ the floor pans if there is major rust on the outside there may be leaks. Water tends to sit there and rot them from the inside out. Feel the carpet for moisture @ the firewall, front floor pans and in the back seat area near the opera windows, this is another common area for sealant failure, check pans there also. If the car has been stored outside and exposed to the elements you can certainly smell the moisture if the carpet is holding water-smells like a "damp basement"-only worse. Good luck!
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:51 am

BTW- did u sell the G body wagon?
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:09 pm

The sale is pending
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:46 pm

Any rare options to look for? I know it's not a big block 4spd car I know the round gauges are most desirable. Is there a rare or hard to find paint color? I have not looked at it yet waiting till I got cash from wagon sale
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down