G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

slow goin'

5 posters

Go down

slow goin' Empty slow goin'

Post by pila Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:18 am

I don't seem to be able to get much done these days. Trying to figure out how the front bumper filler panel goes back together, for example Mad I still have a lot of hair, so I guess I could start pulling it out...
I did finally get the tail gate adjusted so it's centered and flush with the body. Neutral
I'm on the second hood, which has less rust to fight than the first one. Just sort of treading water here, or maybe just spinning my wheels....
Engine compartment is done except the AC stuff, which will likely get done this summer.
Need a new battery to move it around etc, so I'll have to get to that next...
Oh yeah, don't EVER buy a battery from Advance Auto Parts. I bought their best battery for my old Caddy, with the little 4.1 V8, and borrwed it to start the Caddy 500 in the Elco....no dice. a real POS battery, even after they checked it & claimed it was OK......so, borrowed the 6-year old Delco battery from my S-10, which spun that engine over fine....some days ya just can't win....

Rant over !!

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

slow goin' Empty Re: slow goin'

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:48 pm

pila wrote:I don't seem to be able to get much done these days. Trying to figure out how the front bumper filler panel goes back together, for example Mad
Rant over !!

Maybe you've figured it out already, but the front corner bumper fillers attach to the back of the grill extensions that run under the headlights. Then, the lower protruding corners are sandwiched between a bracket and the front edge of the fender. Can't remember exactly how the center section is attached. Think it attaches to the lower back of the grill.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 pm

Thanks ! I'll check that out tomorrow Smile
I'm doing an inspection & some modifications on an airplane this week end, so maybe wont get much Elco work done....

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:05 am

It'll get there! Very Happy Can't wait to see it all done.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:44 pm

Ive got the same problem here,I fianlly got the bas$@d heater core out this morning (thanks Paul (77mali !) now I have to put it back together, but I want to put thestock 8 track in it, sooooo its snow balling. Great !
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:21 pm

ant7377 wrote:Ive got the same problem here,I fianlly got the bas$@d heater core out this morning (thanks Paul (77mali !) now I have to put it back together, but I want to put thestock 8 track in it, sooooo its snow balling. Great !

No problemo.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Had my son with me today, as I brought him to the shop to give him my parts washer. Anyway, I showed him the problem mounting the front bumper filler panel, and after fooling with the brackets for a few minutes, he figured it out ! So now I don't have to pull any hair out !
As this project gets on toward the finishing of the body work & paint, I've been slowly taking some of my equipment out of the old shop hangar. I intend to have my stuff out in the next couple of months, including extra Elco parts, hardware etc., a 48 inch sheet-metal shear, and big sand blasting cabinet etc. Probably some stuff I forgot I had there for 25 years.......
Have a 350 SBC engine to move yet too, which is the original out on my Malibu. Might rebuild it & put in back in, & remove the 408 small block.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:23 pm

pila wrote:Had my son with me today, as I brought him to the shop to give him my parts washer. Anyway, I showed him the problem mounting the front bumper filler panel, and after fooling with the brackets for a few minutes, he figured it out ! So now I don't have to pull any hair out !

GOOD! I was going to suggest that it might not be a good idea to pull any hair out...LOL.

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
* rNwJumpStartCruzNite | 5:30-10:30p; SAT, 05/12/12 | BeefVilla, 1225 W Spring St, S Elgin IL *
"There is more than one way to say exactly what you mean to say" __ Fastball __ 'Out Of My Mind'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down