G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride of the week

5 posters

Go down

Ride of the week Empty Ride of the week

Post by Bruisr Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:23 am

There is a clip on youtube called "bank robber's special" featuring this car. I really dig this thing! I hope the owner doesn't take offense when I do the same thing, although they say thats a form of flattery! Outstanding car!
Bruisr
Bruisr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Ride of the week Empty Re: Ride of the week

Post by BlackChevelleSS Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:39 am

before my cousin went wacko and all the cars went to scrap, the 73 SS was going to a similar look

Ride of the week SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruisr Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:22 pm

I''m in the planning stages of doing my 74 a similar way. Researching tires sizes, front and rear suspension components, and contemplating on coverting to a manual tranny. I drive truck for living, but never owned a manually shifted car before. Don't know enough of the particulars to converting to manual setup.
Bruisr
Bruisr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:33 pm

I have seen a full conversion kit on ebay before, don't know if it is still available. It had all the clutch parts and linkage, but no shifter or trans.
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeBill66 Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:15 pm

I love that car and video. I found it right after I bought my 75 in September. I have always loved that color and will be painting my car a similar color when I can. Definitely have to get rid of the red. I'd love to go with the manual trans too, but it's pricey to buy the transmission, much less all the other items to install it. Maybe someday down the road.

WyldeBill66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by BicknellWelding Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:59 am

Pontichev327 wrote:I have seen a full conversion kit on ebay before, don't know if it is still available. It had all the clutch parts and linkage, but no shifter or trans.

Its been discussed here before. Check out "the parts place" they have a conversion kit for our cars. Everything minus the tranny and shifter for under $300. I've been planning on getting it one of these days
BicknellWelding
BicknellWelding
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruisr Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:08 am

I've seen the kit but because I've never owned or worked on one before I was uncertain on what else was needed with kit, not to mention the tranny and shifter. I think it would be cool but I know from driving a truck constantly shifting when city driving really sucks. Lot of money to be invested and not like it. What bellhousing to use, what type and brand of clutch, how to setup clutch. Any mods needed for the driveshaft? Lots of questions, and not enough money!
Bruisr
Bruisr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down