G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pimpin' aint easy ... another big rimmed chevelle

+9
Uncle Meano
JiMi_DRiX
BicknellWelding
Biomedtech
1973 454 MONTE
ant7377
Tom77
Hawk03
alleyball4
13 posters

Go down

pimpin' aint easy ... another big rimmed chevelle  Empty pimpin' aint easy ... another big rimmed chevelle

Post by alleyball4 Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:52 am

These big rims are the thing with the young kids .... I guess I'm getting old

Most of the guys with these cars, spend thousands on the paint, and interior ... so sometimes, if one is priced right, it may not be a bad car to get.

Here's the link to this one in Vegas:

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3546748681.html
alleyball4
alleyball4
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

pimpin' aint easy ... another big rimmed chevelle  Empty Re: pimpin' aint easy ... another big rimmed chevelle

Post by Landonus Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:25 am

You ain't gettin' old. I'm 26 and I loathe them. Especially when you work in a garage and have to change the tires on these things. I lived in Atlanta for about a year working at a garage and I passed tickets on them all the time. What's funny is most the time these folk run the tread clean off the tires until they pop and then bring in the stock wheels to be mounted because they can't afford the tires, lol.
Landonus
Landonus
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

pimpin' aint easy ... another big rimmed chevelle  Empty Re: pimpin' aint easy ... another big rimmed chevelle

Post by alleyball4 Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:17 am

that's funny Landonus ... I can't imagine how much the replacement tires would cost. I have seen those rims sell for 3 or 4 thousand. craziness !!

around Indy ... some of the cops follow these cars around .... thinking they might be up to no good ... after a while, they get sick of getting stopped having their car searched .... and having the thug wanna be look ... so they sell their car, and are lucky to get half of what they have in it.
alleyball4
alleyball4
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:25 am

alleyball4 wrote:that's funny Landonus ... I can't imagine how much the replacement tires would cost. I have seen those rims sell for 3 or 4 thousand. craziness !!

around Indy ... some of the cops follow these cars around .... thinking they might be up to no good ... after a while, they get sick of getting stopped having their car searched .... and having the thug wanna be look ... so they sell their car, and are lucky to get half of what they have in it.

Those rims are disgusting. The cars are repo'ed from the payday advance places and the rims they have rented go back to the store. There is a place off of Keystone that rents rims, I guess you have to get the look right before you can buy.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:33 pm

Car looks nice,like many,but the rims look silly, I dont see what the attraction is, 18's would still look good but I guess its not enough.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:33 pm

Right about the car, it's a nice one. The wheels make me want to barf though.
People like that should be driving a rice rocket.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:07 pm

I just bought a 2004 Suburban that had similar rims on it. Put an add on craigslist for and even swap. The tires on these rims were bald as my head. You would not believe the responses I got. A kid came and swapped the tires and wheels of his Suburban to mine. His tires are about 80% new and the stock rims look great. Cant believe he would trade. But who am I to argue. cheers
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by BicknellWelding Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:29 pm

The upside of this to me is, more of the 73-77's are getting saved. Take the rims off, the lift kits out, and they're stock again. I'm more offened by the convertable conversions
BicknellWelding
BicknellWelding
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:11 pm

Do they cut them to lift them? Is it easy to reverse?
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:21 pm

I dont this one is cut. Those wheels fit to nicely.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BicknellWelding Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:24 pm

http://www.donkkings.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=115&osCsid=1823d0a4fac73c73f3861a1f5a863c58
BicknellWelding
BicknellWelding
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Biomedtech Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:52 pm

BicknellWelding wrote:The upside of this to me is, more of the 73-77's are getting saved. Take the rims off, the lift kits out, and they're stock again.

The tougher issue is getting all the hair grease out of the headrests! Laughing
Biomedtech
Biomedtech
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BicknellWelding Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:02 pm

Biomedtech wrote:
BicknellWelding wrote:The upside of this to me is, more of the 73-77's are getting saved. Take the rims off, the lift kits out, and they're stock again.

You mean the "soul glow"
BicknellWelding
BicknellWelding
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JiMi_DRiX Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:33 pm

Landonus wrote:You ain't gettin' old. I'm 26 and I loathe them. Especially when you work in a garage and have to change the tires on these things. I lived in Atlanta for about a year working at a garage and I passed tickets on them all the time. What's funny is most the time these folk run the tread clean off the tires until they pop and then bring in the stock wheels to be mounted because they can't afford the tires, lol.

Im 27 and right there with ya. I dont like the gigantic wheels, it looks goofy like some toy car. I dont mind "big" wheels, like 18's or 20's, but the car needs to be low and have a mean stance!
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Meano Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:09 am

Biomedtech wrote:

LMFAO!!!!!!
Uncle Meano
Uncle Meano
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:01 am

I always referred to those type wheels as " inner-city wheels", maybe since I'm living "outer-city" Everybody has their own poison though.....wonder how they would look on a boat trailer ?

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim_Rockford Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:50 am

clown cars,,,its dumb A$$ hell 9 out 10 times they slap on big ugly wheels and put some stupid paint job on it and cut the interior up to mount 50 tv's and speakers and never do a thing with the brakes or engine, hell you pop the hood and it looks like a greaseball cause they never open to hood.
Jim_Rockford
Jim_Rockford
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:52 am

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Landonus Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:49 pm

Biomedtech wrote:

Bahahahaha! This is so true. I had a 96 Z28 5 speed car I had to replace the headliner in due to this.
Landonus
Landonus
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down