G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

advise needed

+5
2fat2fly
Brainstain
dynchel
77mali
Landonus
9 posters

Go down

advise needed Empty advise needed

Post by dragons_lair59 Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:39 am

ok getting real close to getting a g3 again. right now looking at a 76 cutty, 77 buick regal and even a 76 or 77 century i know the olds engines are tough as nails.but dont have any real experience with 350 buicks. i'm not gonna post pics till im closer to getting or have one of them (bad luck for me when i post before i have lol). the advice i need id are the buickmotors any good? and also what car is (i'll use this term loosely) more "valuable" in terms of rarety
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

advise needed Empty Re: advise needed

Post by Landonus Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:29 am

Show me the Buick, I've seen the Cutlass. If you want something rare I found the perfect G3 for you. I'll text you the link. If you ask me, I think Buicks are the rarest of the G3's. I see them the least.
Landonus
Landonus
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:35 am

The one is the link you sent LOL
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:55 am

Buick Century/Regal's are not as common. Keep in mind that parts will also be harder to come by if you need them. In 1977 Cutlass was GM's top selling A body car & maybe 76 too.

IDK about Buick engines but I can tell you the Olds 350 motors are very good, having owned a 77 when I was young. Good luck Sam.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:13 am

When I was younger we had 2 '75 lesabers with 350 4bbl motors and a'77 regal with a 350 2bbl motor. I remember them all being pretty trouble free (though not fast at all). The regal could take a beating. As for what car to build I would say go with the Buick. The Cutlass was the best selling car of'77 so it will be more common. The problem with Buick motors is there is less aftermarket support for performance parts (if that's your thing)
Beer
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:26 pm

im not gonna build a hot rod just a have a nice clean cruising car. gas prices+ wife+3 kids= no hot rod lol and g3's are just the right size for my family and with the exception of my hot rod monte i had all my g3's have gotten about 20 mpg perfect for cruising too me lol
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainstain Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:10 pm

I have a soft spot for Regals. Definitely my favorite after the Malibu. If you pick a Lemans I know where 5-7 parts cars are, 1-2 Regals and a Cutlass or three are. Just gotta catch the guy at the right time..

Brainstain
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:16 pm

Find one with a 455 in it, hot rod and no one will know it. My friend race a 70 GS with a 455,you cant believe what that thing is capable of. The torque broke the radiator support.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 2fat2fly Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:11 am

ant7377 wrote:Find one with a 455 in it, hot rod and no one will know it. My friend race a 70 GS with a 455,you cant believe what that thing is capable of. The torque broke the radiator support.

Question you have no ideal of torque that can produced in a gegm car, just takes a little $$$
have you ever jumped into something that you just hope to hang onto, try jumping into 1300 plus hp with a 1400 plus torque rating under 6000 rpm, it''ll roll your soaks down, as always happy bowtie happy bowtie happy bowtie
2fat2fly
2fat2fly
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:28 am

you guys are missing the not gonna hot rod it just getting it for cruising and a back up car with may be light dd duty. maybe at later date pick up a project for a hot rod/ street strip car
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff528 Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:34 am

the buick 350 has always been a good motor in my experience ... i agree with it bein harder to find parts for the buicks but i vote for the buick Razz

geoff528
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:05 pm

Wife liking regal its about the same color as our old Monte
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:50 pm

2fat2fly wrote:
ant7377 wrote:Find one with a 455 in it, hot rod and no one will know it. My friend race a 70 GS with a 455,you cant believe what that thing is capable of. The torque broke the radiator support.

Question you have no ideal of torque that can produced in a gegm car, just takes a little $$$
have you ever jumped into something that you just hope to hang onto, try jumping into 1300 plus hp with a 1400 plus torque rating under 6000 rpm, it''ll roll your soaks down, as always happy bowtie happy bowtie happy bowtie

Haha! I have plenty of an idea! Laughing
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:14 pm

I owned an '84 Regal Limited. ( I know..not a G3 ) Excellent car, but a 3.8 engine that couldn't get out of it's own dent in the road. Also had a '73 LeSabre with the 350, which was a nice engine for a family type car, but no power house for sure....
Current Buick is a park avenue..3.8 supercharged.. runs strong....
Never owned an Olds 350 powered car.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:45 pm

I had a Olds 350 in my 98, it ran well way better than say a little newer one with a 307 but was still no power house.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down