G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

75 Chevelle

+3
77mali
BK-75
SSTOOLMAN
7 posters

Go down

75 Chevelle Empty 75 Chevelle

Post by SSTOOLMAN Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:15 am

http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/3608585187.html
Was there a SS in 75?
SSTOOLMAN
SSTOOLMAN
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

75 Chevelle Empty Re: 75 Chevelle

Post by 77mali Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:40 am

no, only 73.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by BK-75 Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:55 pm

The last pic looks like a 74 grille. Looks real clean. I would love to own a 4 speed car!
BK-75
BK-75
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:32 pm

Emblems do not make a SS. I have SS style stripes (70/72 style) black bucket seat interior, but you would never catch me false advertising it as something its not. People ask me all the time if its a SS . It is a 1974, there is no chevelle SS's after 1973. To me its really cheesy to make a car that doesn't exist and to try make the uninformed think you have something. They built a nice car, but don't. Claim it to be something its not. Evil or Very Mad
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:58 pm

Maybe he really thinks he has an SS and is just an ignaramerous. Although owning it for 12 years he should know a little G3 history. Very Happy

The car is really nice though. There are a couple of little matters of taste I guess that are not up my alley but a 4 speed would be a cool car to own. Wonder what he's got for a powertrain combo...really doesn't say though.
Question

77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:44 pm

Yes, it is a nice car alright. And I sure agree about cloning one model to represent another model.
The El Caminos had the SS models up to at least the '76, which I had years ago.
Nothing impressive about an SS anyway IMO, and folks who make a big deal about an SS after the '73 models are spinning their wheels. The folks on the El Camino site, that own the G body types, are into that, trying to find out if they have an SS. Mad
Only thing I found different on mine was the round gauge dash bezel. And it didn't have AC, so it wasn't as good as the standard model for me.
The original idea of the SS model was a higher performance car, with a hotter engine. After 1970 there were no hot engines to speak of, so the SS thing was like some of the pickups on the road that say "Sport" on the sides Very Happy

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Laguna Budman Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:36 pm

So Dynchel, My daughter and I are doing a 77 Malibu for her. Last summer she saw a 70 Chevelle conv. made into a custom 70 SS with a new Camaro engine, interior, trunk and oh yeah new SS badges. Forgot to mention it was in a magazine also. So anyway my daughter thought the SS emblems were cool and wanted them on her 77. I thought cool idea, I well know they didn't make a 77 SS but who am I to tell her what to like and dislike. Oh thats what we call custom I forgot. Don't worry if she ever sells it I will make sure she posts thats it not a true 77 SS with 2012 SS emblems.
Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:21 am

If it pleases you daughter, that's all that matters ! Very Happy If a new owner knew it wasn't a true SS, he (or she) might like it like it is anyway.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:32 am

I always say build what you want, not what you want to sell. It's all good as long as you don't try to represent it as something it's not. Full disclosure I believe it's called...
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:36 am

I personally think that's a fine lookin Chevelle , SS or not. It's just too bad he didn't take a single good picture. UNCOVER THE DANG CAR!!!
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:10 am

Laguna Budman wrote:So Dynchel, My daughter and I are doing a 77 Malibu for her. Last summer she saw a 70 Chevelle conv. made into a custom 70 SS with a new Camaro engine, interior, trunk and oh yeah new SS badges. Forgot to mention it was in a magazine also. So anyway my daughter thought the SS emblems were cool and wanted them on her 77. I thought cool idea, I well know they didn't make a 77 SS but who am I to tell her what to like and dislike. Oh thats what we call custom I forgot. Don't worry if she ever sells it I will make sure she posts thats it not a true 77 SS with 2012 SS emblems.
that sounds like a cool build you have there. If you (or your daughter) like that look then go for it. You are trying to impress your daughter not me anybody else. I was giving my personal opinion not trying to offend. Anyone. Embarassed
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down