G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NO MORE PONTIAC????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+9
McCauley5983
JB2wheeler
Hydro King
ant7377
coreys73chevelle
badbiscayne66
the Baron
Blonde Angel
Limey SE
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NO MORE PONTIAC????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty NO MORE PONTIAC????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by coreys73chevelle Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:14 am

http://money.aol.com/article/autos/pontiac-wont-survive-gm-shakeup/445472?icid=main|htmlws-main|dl4|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fmoney.aol.com%2Farticle%2Fautos%2Fpontiac-wont-survive-gm-shakeup%2F445472
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

NO MORE PONTIAC????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: NO MORE PONTIAC????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by IndyG3 Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:32 am

Supposedly, they might not be closing down Pontiac, but will change it over to a "niche" car company, meaning that Pontiac would probably only sell their Solstice, G8, G6, and whatever "sporty" cars they have that I forgot to mention. That, and they won't be bringing out the Pontiac SUT.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

NO MORE PONTIAC????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: NO MORE PONTIAC????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by IndyG3 Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:40 am

Never mind. They are going under. I heard it in the news today. Well, goodbye, G8's! We hardly knew ya... Sad
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:48 am

and we never got to see the SUT except in pics man a dealer needs to bring them here it would prob bring pontiac back

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:58 am

The problem is that it would be based on the G8 platform, so even a base model SUT would be like mid-20 grand. It woulda been a pretty sweet truck though. They shoulda called it the El Camino. That woulda saved it!
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:04 am

i agree but they have been making these down under for 7 or years so far ...............as far as i know they have anyways

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:09 am

I think they've been making them in Australia since the 90's. The ones down there are fawsome! They have races for them and everything! That's when you start talking about some $80,000 trucks! That's what the SUT was supposed to be to a lesser extent. Those trucks were amazing.

I'll post some pics if I find any.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:17 am

i have them some where stored will have to find them and post

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:38 am

=====>>>
could have saved the Pontiac nameplate

NO MORE PONTIAC????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! G8_spo10

NO MORE PONTIAC????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! G8spor10

Last edited by Limey aka Maligoon on Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:54 am

There you go. Now, imagine that with about 200 more horsepower, lowered about 4 inches, and with some wide racing tires, and that's the kind of racing they have in Australia. Cool
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro King Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:48 am

Proton santria neo.....

NO MORE PONTIAC????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Proton-SATRIANEO-1089
NO MORE PONTIAC????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Proton-SATRIANEO-1460
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:41 pm

THe UTE

NO MORE PONTIAC????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:59 pm

Gm is my favorate company but they f'd up bad, if they get rid of Hummer who cares? the unstoppable H1 is discontinued, so it only leaves the chevy tahoe being put inside a H2 body and that stupid H3, get rid of Hummer! then mabey even GMC can go there is not much to GMC but a name... the seirra is nice but chevy has the silverado that has a more respected and well know name and then the yukons are just a chevy Burban and rest of gmc is suv's...GMC= all the same as chevy with a little more luxury.... keep Chevy and Pontiac!
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:22 pm

You forgot to mention that GMC has much better looking grills than the Chevy mess. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Blonde Angel Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:20 pm

Limey aka Maligoon wrote:=====>>>
could have saved the Pontiac nameplate

NO MORE PONTIAC????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! G8_spo10

NO MORE PONTIAC????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! G8spor10

OMG, what did they do to the el camino??????? No
Blonde Angel
Blonde Angel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:32 pm

thats not the elcamino thats the pontiac G8 sport UTE that GM was supposed to export here to save the pontiac nameplate first est on HP were right around 425 from factory with other add ons could be at 500 right outta box

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Blonde Angel Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:32 pm

ooops, well you can chew Hydro Kings butt off for giving me false info!!! LMAO!!! Laughing
I wasn't sure what it was, i saw the pontiac emblem on the front, but then my hubby said it was the new el camino, limey make sure you give hydro a good lecture next time you see him in the chat box! Razz
Blonde Angel
Blonde Angel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:46 pm

Hey! When Pontiac is gone (RIP), Chevy might start making the Ute as an El Camino. There is nothing to stop them from just putting an ugly Chevy grill on it and calling it an El Camino. They could even take the G8 and do the same thing. Never give up hope, GM could still be saved that way. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:00 pm

They won't do it. Not if they want to keep all of the money the government is giving them. Before you know it, they're gonna be forced to make cars that get 50 mpg and way 5 tons with all of the safety crap. The future is bright for American cars! NOT!
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:19 pm

You know they (GM) are paying back the Gov.loans with stock. The Govt will own 51 % of GM after that is done.So "they" will be running GM and making those 50 MPG scooter boxes with our tax money. On a lighter note as soon as those dimwits realize that no one is going to buy one of those scooter boxes they will probably fold GM (mercy killing at that point) or sell it to the Chinese. The way I see it its a lose/ lose situation.They dont get that fact that if all they are going to offer is small little whoa nelly cars the average consumer that buys little whoa nelly cars is going to go Jap or Korean not GM's
which they didnt buy before.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:40 pm

If they wanted to help GM out, they should have forced GM to restructure and get rid of the friggin' auto unions. If it weren't for the UAW, most of GM's lineup over the past two decades would have been about $10 grand cheaper. But no, people demanded that they make $90,000 putting bolts in a door. Rolling Eyes
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:53 pm

And the CEO's make 20 million running a failing company into the ground instead of trying to turn it around,why did it take so long for the new Camaro to come out and to get a car like the G8 or CTS.It almost like the boards of these co's wanted it to fail. Everyone is saying why is there no Cutlass or RWD Monte Carlo why was it replaced with the crap it was replaced with,we want them back,what do they do sell more of the same uninspired crap.Not necessarly bad cars but certainly not great or I gotta have it for the working guy.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:32 pm

Government standards over the past decade or so have been tightening nooses around car companies to make vehicles with better mpg's and less "emissions", if you believe in global Al-Goring. That meant that companies went for the cheapest, most efficient ways to get those mpg's, and front wheel drive was the easiest way to do that. It's not a matter of why did they do it at this point, I just want to know why no one in politics does their homework before they start going on witch hunts on things they think will get them some attention. Seriously, they get all butt-hurt over things that shouldn't even matter in the grand scheme of things. That, AND the owner's of the companies couldn't stand losing a million dollars out of their 20 million dollars that they make a year.
Sorry for posting up novel after novel on here, I just can't get over how friggin' stupid people get over money and politics. Evil or Very Mad
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:53 pm

You know what I dont get . Why is it too hard for a politician to get up and say to the American people to buy American ,Why wasnt it ever said and why is it said in other countries. That we need to support our own.If you ever go or have gone to Europe you will easily see that the dominant car of the country you are in is built there,I dont know if its because of taxes but whatever it is it is .
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:51 pm

Lol, that's cause some european cars are awesome! I'd be more than happy to take a mid 90's BMW 750 off their hands! It's simply because:
a. They take pride in what they make
b. We have quite a ways to go on quality control on our cars
Now, if America could do that, then maybe we wouldn't have to worry about going bankrupt! There's a thought!
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next