G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NO MORE PONTIAC????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+9
McCauley5983
JB2wheeler
Hydro King
ant7377
coreys73chevelle
badbiscayne66
the Baron
Blonde Angel
Limey SE
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NO MORE PONTIAC????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NO MORE PONTIAC????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by the Baron Tue May 05, 2009 8:26 am

Hi Guys

Since Daewoo badged their cars with the Chevrolet bow tie, they sold 30 % more cars in Europe... Laughing

So, Chevrolet is kinda exotic to us european guys, you know, always have been...

the american cars business in Europe has been killed by the first oil crisis in 1973 , has been killed for a second time with the second oil crisis, and is certainly killed now with the environmental problems

In my country, most of the people cannot afford a car like a 5.0 litres V8 car, as we have to pays about 2000 € in taxes yearly ( about 3000 US$ )

Yeah , I Know, Jeeeee !

and the guys who have the financial means to pay that amount go to BMW, Mercedes or Lexus, or even Maserati ( have you seen their latest Quattroporte? Yummie) instead of buying an american car...

the US$ is for the moment very low for us, a lot of US classic cars cross the pond to get here, but new cars ? Nono !

I have no idea what your Government should do, the US tax payer cannot afford himself to buy a large guzzling V8 nowadays, so they all switch to ricers or VW's, they cannot be blamed for this, I think...

We have our own GM problems also, Opel, which is one of the oldest GM belonging factory in Europe ( since the 1930, I believe ) has to be sold and will be sold. Kinda of a shock to us either

Regards,

Laurent

the Baron
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

NO MORE PONTIAC????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NO MORE PONTIAC????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by ant7377 Tue May 05, 2009 4:38 pm

Baron, GM really dosent produce any true Gas hogs these days. A Suburban can easily get 21 MPG on the Highway and when you consider the weight and size of the vehicle thats pretty good. Even my friends G8 will get almost 30 mpg Hiway with 365 HP.When the media calls these cars gas guzzlers they dont really take in to consideration the size of the vehicle or what its capable of.They just look at the MPG.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Tue May 05, 2009 5:14 pm

That's how media works. They want to do all the reporting without any of the research. Sadly, it's how the way the world works nowadays. :/
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Tue May 05, 2009 7:00 pm

Heres a newsflash for you.....People don;t buy american cars because there are no american cars to buy..........Maybe assy here out of foreighn parts ....but not american
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Tue May 05, 2009 7:10 pm

I buy American cars my family buys them too.No lemons here either.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Tue May 05, 2009 9:39 pm

Name one all american car......with all american parts........NONE!!!!!!
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Tue May 05, 2009 10:27 pm

mine
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Tue May 05, 2009 10:28 pm

most of it at least, i cheack b4 i buy if not made in USA, i try to get something else unless its a good deal
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro King Tue May 05, 2009 10:36 pm

I can name one car still made in america.....

NO MORE PONTIAC????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 LT400Tc
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Tue May 05, 2009 10:37 pm

That's a product of China....America doesn't make anything decent anymore....
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Tue May 05, 2009 10:42 pm

except car parts for imports Razz
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Tue May 05, 2009 11:38 pm

Its true there isnt any car totally made here anymore.But the way I see it
the former big 3 are/were American companies and surely have much more
here than any of the others so if 75 percent of the car is made (not just assembled) here that has to be good enough.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro King Wed May 06, 2009 10:49 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTzCwp0Q_lk
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro King Wed May 06, 2009 10:54 am

The riots detroit had in 1967 destroyed the auto industry. Who seconds that!!
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Wed May 06, 2009 4:42 pm

I do! The auto unions are causing big problems for the big 3 anymore. I wish I made $90k a year putting a single bolt in a door for the next 30 years of my life....
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Thu May 07, 2009 6:34 am

IndyG3 wrote:I do! The auto unions are causing big problems for the big 3 anymore. I wish I made $90k a year putting a single bolt in a door for the next 30 years of my life....
I uphold your statement in principal, but where do you get your figures? JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Thu May 07, 2009 12:31 pm

Absolutely nowhere. More of an exaggeration really. I just know that they demand ridiculous wages for their jobs.
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by McCauley5983 Sat May 09, 2009 7:45 pm

the hell with all these car companies all they build is plastic crap that closely resembles a reused diaper and runs the same way to.
McCauley5983
McCauley5983
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Tue May 19, 2009 1:55 am

ant7377 wrote:You know they (GM) are paying back the Gov.loans with stock. The Govt will own 51 % of GM after that is done.

*rolls eyes*

And that's even MORE ironic.

How on EARTH can the government say on one hand that they do NOT believe GM is trying to turn itself around ... yet, on the other hand, pay that SAME company TOO MUCH MONEY for BRAND NEW Ch#$r%*et Luminas for government cars ... telling people that they BELIEVE they are actually paying for Impalas???? Please. They canNOT be serious.

As for Pontiac ... sorry to see it go, but who knows what is in store down the road....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Action speaks louder than words" ... Black Crowes ... 'Hard To Handle'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Tue May 19, 2009 2:04 am

If they were going to get rid of a company, they shoulda canned GMC! They have nothing but re-badged Suburbans and Silverados and whatever other trucks Chevy builds. Seriously, they have nothing that is unique to them at all. But of course, Pontiac was building those evil, gas guzzling sports cars that ruin the planet with their Global Al-Goring (general politician talk, not mine). I friggin' hate politics. Rolling Eyes
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Tue May 19, 2009 11:23 am

manbearpig

NO MORE PONTIAC????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Tue May 19, 2009 11:43 am

Rofl! Thanks BlackChevelle, that made my day. Laughing
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue May 19, 2009 12:30 pm

BlackChevelleSS wrote:manbearpig

Gotta love South Park! I'm cereal!
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum