G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride of the week pic

5 posters

Go down

Ride of the week pic Empty Ride of the week pic

Post by Pontichev327 Sun May 05, 2013 11:15 pm

Hey, thanks for putting my cars on ride of the week! But to be fair, the 75 Grand Am was up there a short while ago, just sayin. I also have other variants of that shot without the writing in it, if it's more appropriate for the site. THANKS!!!
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Ride of the week pic Empty Re: Ride of the week pic

Post by Limey SE Mon May 06, 2013 12:14 am

<?> LOOKS GOOD TO ME BROTHER <?> Ride of the week pic 978692
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Mon May 06, 2013 11:22 am

Here's a couple of shots without the silly text over the picture.LOL[img]Ride of the week pic Colona10[/img][img]Ride of the week pic Colona11[/img]
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Cale11 Tue May 07, 2013 2:48 pm

Love the brown 73 SS!!! I could just be color blind but if that is indeed brown that is a beautiful and unique car! The Grand Am is beautiful as well, as far as the Laguna S3 is concerned, I made a copper and white one of those into a stock car back in the day, sorry guys Sad

My brothers made two 1973 Chevelle Laguna 2 doors into stock cars back in the 80s as well, so you can cross two of those off your checklist.....
Cale11
Cale11
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Tue May 07, 2013 7:32 pm

Thanks Cale! I am from Kentucky originally and was watching that Laguna on CL for a while but having no money or space prevented me from buying it. Glad it went to a cool guy with "taste" Thumbs up LOL! My 73 SS "Shirley" is code #68 Dark Brown Poly, it was called Burma Brown and Chestnut Brown by other GM divisions. It is a love it or hate it kind of color. It's pretty when polished, but ugly as a turd Turd when it's not! I had a 73 Laguna from 1976 to 1987 and put over 300,000 miles on her, but she's long gone to salvage yard heaven now too. There are pics of both in the gallery under 1973 Malibus and Lagunas on page three. Welcome to the site and take care of your GALS! [img]Ride of the week pic Pavill10[/img].....[img]Ride of the week pic Pavill11[/img].....[img]Ride of the week pic Vintag10[/img].....[img]Ride of the week pic Vintag11[/img].....[img]Ride of the week pic Octobe10[/img][img]Ride of the week pic Interi11[/img]
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Cale11 Tue May 07, 2013 7:50 pm

Love the brown, you dont see that often on an SS, in fact, dont know that I have ever seen that on one before.......
Cale11
Cale11
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue May 07, 2013 9:40 pm

Should have kept the Keystones on it more old school kewl !!
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Wed May 08, 2013 12:01 am

That's a vintage picture of my '73 Laguna, taken around 1977. I kept the Keystones on for a couple years, about 1977 to 79. I was running N-50-15's on the rear and G- 60 -15 on the front. Kelly Superchargers. (Horrible riding tires) They were peeling, and several other cars in my crowd had them, so I changed to 1978 Corvette ralleys off a new (then) wrecked 'vette. They stayed on untill '87 when I salvaged it, the wheels are still on my 69 Rallysport today. With BF T/A's 215-65-15 front and 235-70-15 rears. [img]Ride of the week pic Car_pi10[/img]....[img]Ride of the week pic Car_pi11[/img]
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoMalibu Wed May 08, 2013 4:57 am

Love the rides, but most importantly, sweet Grand Am. Shocked Not many Pontiacs around, in fact i've never seen one in person. Well, I've never seen a '73 Chevelle in person either, apparently they don't exist around here. Would love to have a '73 LeMans myself - Black w/black wheels and dog dishes. Very Happy
DiscoMalibu
DiscoMalibu
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Wed May 08, 2013 7:51 am

Hey Pontichev327, do you have a straight on side shot of that brown 73? Also what are those new wheels?
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Wed May 08, 2013 9:08 am

driveit, this is as close to a straight on side shot that i have right now. The wheels are the Boss #338 18x8 with Nitto 245-45-18 tire.[img]Ride of the week pic Pavill12[/img].....[img]Ride of the week pic Pavill13[/img].....[img]Ride of the week pic Pavill14[/img]
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed May 08, 2013 9:11 am

DiscoMalibu wrote:Love the rides, but most importantly, sweet Grand Am. Shocked Not many Pontiacs around, in fact i've never seen one in person. Well, I've never seen a '73 Chevelle in person either, apparently they don't exist around here. Would love to have a '73 LeMans myself - Black w/black wheels and dog dishes. Very Happy
I Happen to know where a red lemans Is Can Always Paint it !!
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Wed May 08, 2013 9:25 am

DiscoMalibu,The Black 73 Lemans on that Moonshiner show sounds exactly like what you were looking for. I think it was in Popular Hotrodding too, And Driveit, G3NUT has those Boss wheels on that georgeous Black 73 SS too, but he has the Black centers, and mine are grey. They also come chromed.[img]Ride of the week pic Union_10[/img]
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed May 08, 2013 10:06 am

Pontichev327 wrote: DiscoMalibu,The Black 73 Lemans on that Moonshiner show

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1207phr_1974_pontiac_lemans/

Not to be Picking apart but the Moonshiners Lemans is a 74 I know apples to oranges right ...... Just wanted to clarify LOL What a Face

Ride of the week pic P1050043

Ride of the week pic P1050039

Ride of the week pic Bd74b37b-b417-432b-b55c-07eb946a0174_zps694d91ba
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content