G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas Pedal Bracket

4 posters

Go down

Gas Pedal Bracket Empty Gas Pedal Bracket

Post by Hawk03 Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:52 am

Does anyone have a picture of the gas pedal bracket, the car is a 1977 Malibu. I have the part that goes on the firewall and pedal, I can't seem to find the piece that goes with it to hold the gas pedal rod in. Does it look like the below pic? I thought it was flat and didn't have the extra piece on it.

Gas Pedal Bracket $_1

This falls into the "I wish I would have taken a picture of that before I tore it apart," category. I seem to have a lot in there.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Gas Pedal Bracket Empty Re: Gas Pedal Bracket

Post by dynchel Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:26 am

I'll take a picture tonight when i get home if no one else does before then. bounce 
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:18 pm

Gas Pedal Bracket IMG_20140820_181619568_zpscbwieuay
Here, I'm not sure I understand your question completely, but as promised here's what it looks like.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:26 pm

I think he means the little spring that connects the pedal to the long rod.  (Which is a pain in the arse to clip on BTW).

I'm 100% sure but the spring in the following link looks like it could work for you.  Maybe they sell it by itself rather than w/ the pedal, etc.. It looks like mine does- I think. LOL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buick-Chevy-Olds-Pontiac-Accelerator-Gas-Pedal-with-Tension-Spring-Rod-Pin-/330773643452
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:35 pm

Thanks guys, that helps.

Hopefully this explains it better-To install the pedal, there is a plastic triangle that goes on the firewall, the rod that has the pedal goes in a groove on the firewall piece, then a cover type piece over the rod and firewall piece. I'm missing the outter piece that holds the rod into the grooved firewall piece. Make sense? Unfortantly there aren't many pics on the web I've found to explain it better or know what the piece looks like and when you have a few boxes full of parts.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:32 pm

Here's mine
Gas Pedal Bracket Dsc01711
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:42 pm

Perfect, thanks. When I was searching for the part I thought it was just a flat piece of plastic, didn't remmeber it had a extra bracket type thing on it. I think the car would be put together by now if I remembered how everything went and where I put everything.

Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:57 pm

THREE WORDS GUYS / GALS

BAG AND TAG
Limey SE
Limey SE