G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please HELP... Engine problem.

+11
Trbulnc
WyldeBill66
bigredlaguna
bracketchev1221
chevellelaguna
ant7377
Roadcaptain S3
Wallyuph
77mali
Joe73
lars
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Please HELP... Engine problem. - Page 2 Empty Re: Please HELP... Engine problem.

Post by bracketchev1221 Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:17 pm

driveit wrote:I will check the battery.  I don't think I have an EGR.  Also it has a perfermance fuel filter of some kind, but I am still going to check that.  I think it actually comes apart so that you can replace the internals.  I think I even replaced the tanks internals in 02 or 03. I do have a rubber line running from the pump up to the carb.  Could this be an issue at all.  It is just a standard rubber fuel line.

Does this mean you replaced the sending unit and filter sock in the tank?
bracketchev1221
bracketchev1221
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Please HELP... Engine problem. - Page 2 Empty Re: Please HELP... Engine problem.

Post by driveit Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:02 pm

In 2003, yes.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:32 pm

Could be the weather. You said it was cold and damp when this happened. If the heated intake air system is missing, the intake charge can actually be too cold.

My dad's last welder did this when it was cold (close to freezing point) and humid enough to be foggy. It would get so cold that ice would form on the outside of the intake manifold. Only thing that cured it was to draw warm air off the exhaust pipe.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by WyldeBill66 Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:32 am

That sounds exactly like the issue with my car. It was a fuel supply issue. On mine the pressure regulator was bad. Electric fuel pump. If your pump is going bad or there is a line that is clogged or cracked, it would have the same effect. Fuel starvation. I would focus on checking all those things. I bet you will find the issue there. Good luck. It took me over two years to figure out my problem.

WyldeBill66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:06 pm

Supposed to be back in the 40s on Saturday. I will probably wait until then. My chubby fingers don't like the cold. lol
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:38 pm

driveit wrote:My chubby fingers don't like the cold.  lol

Nobody's does. 30 years ago I helped a friend with a valve job outdoors in January in sub-zero temperatures. My fingers still hurt.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Trbulnc Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:59 am

Could be bad gas. If you filled up when tank at store was low could have sucked up some water.

Trbulnc
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:59 pm

Sometimes we have to bite the bullet and wade head-on into a problem, and stick with it until it's fixed, even it it's 10 degrees outside.....sounds like your priority is to get a vehicle to run where you need to go regardless of what else is on your to-do list...

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:41 pm

Tried to post this yesterday, but kept having browser issues.  I will try again.

I drove the Chevelle yesterday to work after replacing the fuel filter.  It started right up and pumped up fuel into the filter very quickly.  I took it out of a few test runs and everything seemed fine.  I drove it hard today to work to test the waters a bit.  So far so good.  I will stop at that as I don't want to jinx myself.

So happy to driveit again...
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:58 pm

Fingers crossed that that solves it!

thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:43 pm

Thanks. Oh forgot to add that the fuel line coming from the pump going to the carb was loose. I tightened it up. I was wondering if that could have caused an issue. There was no fuel leaking that I could tell.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:44 pm

Could have been sucking air, starving for fuel.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:18 pm

Anyway running good now.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2