G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need help on trim

2 posters

Go down

need help on trim Empty need help on trim

Post by RossK73 Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:07 pm

Hi - just putting my chrome (aluminum) trim back on for a big show this weekend but ran into a problem. I can't seem to get to the attaching screws for the front narrow pieces under the headlight buckets (73). It looks as though they go on before the grill pieces and bumper fillers but don't really want to start taking things apart at this stage. Just checking if anyone has run across this or can suggest a solution. LMk
Thanks,
Ross
RossK73
RossK73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

need help on trim Empty Re: need help on trim

Post by clanceman427 Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:37 pm

I think you should be able to take the corner bumper filler (urethane corner piece) off or at least take the 3 fasteners off at the lower vertical edge where it meets the fender, and then remove the fasteners behind the corner filler behind the little horizontal grille. You then maneuver the corner filler out of the space it's in by weaving it from behind the front of the bumper and then off the fender. This should then allow you to remove the 3 bolts holding the horizontal thin grille on. Then remove the chrome trim "dog leg" Z-shaped trim since that overlaps the chrome trim you were needing to put on underneath the headlight bucket. once your missing piece is on, then it's the Z- shaped dog leg chrome, then the black thin grille, then weave the corner filler back into place.

I can't remember if I did all this before the final alignment of the front bumper/center bumper filler assembly. If it seems too tight to weave the corner urethane piece out, you may need to loosen the bumper and pull it out some.

clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:43 pm

Here is a thread I started back when I was trying to put my front end back together, since when I bought the car a previous owner took it apart but didn't re-assemble all the trim pieces:

https://www.g3gm.com/t9563-proper-re-install-technique-73-ss-front-bumper
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down