G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interior trim

4 posters

Go down

Interior trim Empty Interior trim

Post by HDHugger Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:28 pm

I am considering looking for a non-running Chevelle parts car (73-77 or course) and removing the interior and exterior trim, down to the attachement clips and screws, then sending the rest of the car to rest in peace at a scrap yard. The price of scrap is high now. Do you think warehousing and selling all the small. reusable parts could be a money maker? I am tired of trying to find parts that are too high-priced, as it will eventualy nickel and dime me to death. Even down to the trim screws, it costs too much. Wait until I try to get the instrument cluster pieces! Any thoughts?

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Interior trim Empty Re: Interior trim

Post by The Dude Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:48 pm

If you are going to do something like that, get one with a rotted frame & no title. Something that's not repairable, like a roll-over or major collision would work too. You wouldn't want to be an A$$ & stumble across a COPO but completely part it out before discovering it's value or anything..... Rolling Eyes Not saying someone here has done that though, LoL.

Also yes, going this route you would make more by parting it out piece by piece. Sell the parts on here, someone's always looking. Or throw them on CL or Ebay if needed. Fenders alone will net you $100 or so depending on the condition, not to mention if you find a car with decent (repairable) swivel bucket seats. There's your scrap value just in those parts. A good dash & door panels are hard to come by as well.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by HDHugger Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:04 pm

What is a COPO? And no, I already decided that I wouldnt tear apart a working car. That defeats the purpose of trying to get these cars back on the road. I don't want to do exterior body parts, I don't have the storage.

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:26 pm

C-Central
O-Office
P-Production
O-Order

Specially ordered car like a Yenko or a car that didn't normally have a big block. Something like that.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:07 pm

if you get a 73 malibu i call dibs on the front passanger upper door panel
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by HDHugger Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:33 pm

The car I found sold right away. Now I have to wait for another one in my area.

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down