G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuse Box schematic

4 posters

Go down

Fuse Box schematic Empty Fuse Box schematic

Post by JF74chevelle Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:01 pm

Does anyone have a fuse box schematic? Also if i take out the fuse for the radio will it disable anything else or just the radio, Im asking because i keep blowing a fuse to my tach that is pigtailed into the radio accessory.
JF74chevelle
JF74chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Fuse Box schematic Empty Re: Fuse Box schematic

Post by pila Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:48 pm

What year ?? Does the radio work when with the tach disconnected ? On some cars I've had the radio quit when the cigar lighter had a problem. Di you have AC ? My diagram shows AC as part of that piece on the fuse block.....a bit hard to under stand (?)

This is on a '74 Chevelle diagram....

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by JF74chevelle Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:55 pm

pila wrote:What year ??  Does the radio work when with the tach disconnected ? On some cars I've had the radio quit when the cigar lighter had a problem.  Di you have AC ?  My diagram shows AC as part of that piece on the fuse block.....a bit hard to under stand (?)

This is on a '74 Chevelle diagram....
Yes it is on a 74 chevelle, i have ac but it doesnt work and i never listen to the radio so i dont mind not listening to it.
JF74chevelle
JF74chevelle
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:37 pm

There's some stickies in the electrical section that show all the electrical diagrams including fuse boxes. I know I posted 73 and I believe someone posted 77. Either way, they'll all be pretty close, especially the fuse box -- GM did not alter the electrical much through 73-77.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:13 pm

Check your cigaretter lighter and your clock, as Well as radio. I belive they all are on the same fuse. On these old cars some people May have altered or added wires over the years. I had a 79 trans am once, i removed a whole Big trashbag of wires that where added over the years. My elcamino almost burned off at one time,due to the clock wires melting. The fuse did not Blow but the wires startet melting. I was luckely in the car at the time so i caught it in time. So every time i have a new car i tjek all the wiring, some people dont Think when they mess with eletrics in Their cars.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down