G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wallys Route 66 trip

4 posters

Go down

Wallys Route 66 trip Empty Wallys Route 66 trip

Post by Wallyuph Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:50 am

Just wanted to say put 2144 miles on the the 73 Malibu of first leg of Route 66 trip. We started in down town Chicago at the start. and made it just east of Tulsa Oklahoma. If you take the old road and follow the maps and books its takes a while to stop and see all points of interest. We plan to start in LA next round as its 2000 miles to get to LA just to start the trip. That way if we don't make the whole trip we will be closer to home for 3rd round if needed.

The car with LS set up preformed flaw less. The only issue we had was AC blower fan stopped working on high speed ( its a vintage AC set up) but we had speed 1&2 just no high speed. Got home and found relay was not plugged in all the way.

Here are just a few photos of trip.

[url=[/url]
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Wallys Route 66 trip Empty Re: Wallys Route 66 trip

Post by Limey SE Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:08 pm

Thanks for sharing Wally !! When's Next leg of Journey ?

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:13 pm

What a cool trip, Wally!

I did part of Rt. 66 about 20 yrs ago when I helped move my sister to AZ. We detoured and picked it up in OK and followed it best we could thru W. Texas, NM and AZ (much of it replaced with interstate). Very cool buildings/motels still around from when we took a family vacation to CA back in '68. Especially like where it rolls thru Tucumcari, NM strip.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:51 pm

Good to hear you made it with out any major problems Wally. I'm sure you had no doubt that the old 73 wouldn't let you down. Isn't the relay the problem you had before we met up in Cannon Falls?  lol
Can't wit to see you again in a little over a week at the Street Machine Nationals.
I just finished up the 2 to 4 barrel swap today and now it's time to drive it to work for the next week or so to make sure I did everything right. Very Happy

P.S. Steve...why aren't you going to the Street Machine Nationals in St. Paul? lol
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:57 pm

fasrnur wrote:Good to hear you made it with out any major problems Wally. I'm sure you had no doubt that the old 73 wouldn't let you down. Isn't the relay the problem you had before we met up in Cannon Falls?  lol
Can't wit to see you again in a little over a week at the Street Machine Nationals.
I just finished up the 2 to 4 barrel swap today and now it's time to drive it to work for the next week or so to make sure I did everything right. Very Happy

P.S.  Steve...why aren't you going to the Street Machine Nationals in St. Paul?  lol

Jeff it was the ground wire that melted as I had to small of gauge wire and had 3 wires all to same ground on my trip with you. I ran individual ground wires this time. I think when I was replacing the relays I bought in cannon falls when trying to figure it out I may not have pushed it all the way in. Then when tucking the wires back into console with little to no room it may have hooked and came loose. I zip tied it to the pig tail this time.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:33 pm

fasrnur wrote:

P.S.  Steve...why aren't you going to the Street Machine Nationals in St. Paul?  lol

I'll try and get down there...if nothing else, to see you guys. I hesitate to bring the Monte as it's bone stock and feel it doesn't belong at a "street nationals muscle car" show. And, the Laguna's paint & clearcoat has blistered in several spots and looks ratty in my opinion.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down