G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'76-'77 Chevelle/El Camino 350 4 barrel OE brackets and plug wire routing

4 posters

Go down

'76-'77 Chevelle/El Camino 350 4 barrel OE brackets and plug wire routing Empty '76-'77 Chevelle/El Camino 350 4 barrel OE brackets and plug wire routing

Post by relic7680 Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:29 pm

I have a '76 Sprint 350/Q-jet/TH350 (originally 2 barrel) that I am trying convert back to OE throttle cable/detent cable brackets and spark plug wire routing. Needless to say, these items are difficult to locate and even my factory parts/service manuals provide limited guidance.

I believe there's a bracket secured to the rearmost two driver side intake bolts for the detent cable that also supports the 4 wire separator for the plug wires coming off the HEI. The second bracket I believe mounts to the rear carb bolts and reaches over to the driver side to hold the throttle cable coming from the firewall.

Can anyone with an unmolested '76-'77 350/4 setup send me some pics of how all this goes? I'd be interested to see the correct routing for the passenger plug wires as well. I have managed to source a couple tabbed OE valve covers and some of the two wire routing bits from the junkyard thus far.

Thanks in advance.
relic7680
relic7680
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

'76-'77 Chevelle/El Camino 350 4 barrel OE brackets and plug wire routing Empty Re: '76-'77 Chevelle/El Camino 350 4 barrel OE brackets and plug wire routing

Post by Mcarlo77 Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:20 pm

My '77 Monte with original setup is put away for the winter...or, else I could take a quick look to confirm.  I can confirm for you that the throttle cable bracket does, in fact, bolt to the two rear q-jet carb bolts as you describe.  If nobody else is able to step up and help with the other questions, maybe I could dig out the Monte and have a look. Not going to happen before Christmas, however.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

'76-'77 Chevelle/El Camino 350 4 barrel OE brackets and plug wire routing Empty Re: '76-'77 Chevelle/El Camino 350 4 barrel OE brackets and plug wire routing

Post by newmexguy Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:15 am

Pulled those pieces off a '76 Monte Carlo recently in the Tucson U Pull It. PM if interested in phone pics. Hard to post pics here, doesn't always work.

newmexguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

'76-'77 Chevelle/El Camino 350 4 barrel OE brackets and plug wire routing Empty Parts

Post by relic7680 Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:15 pm

newmexguy wrote:Pulled those pieces off a '76 Monte Carlo recently in the Tucson U Pull It.   PM if interested in phone pics.   Hard to post pics here, doesn't always work.    

I can't get phone pics.....could you try to post them here? Very interested.
relic7680
relic7680
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:42 pm

relic7680 wrote:
newmexguy wrote:Pulled those pieces off a '76 Monte Carlo recently in the Tucson U Pull It.   PM if interested in phone pics.   Hard to post pics here, doesn't always work.    

I can't get phone pics.....could you try to post them here? Very interested.

NEWMEXGUY you can text me the pics and will Host PM me a phone please

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down