G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headlamp Issues...

4 posters

Go down

Headlamp Issues... Empty Headlamp Issues...

Post by lars Sat May 29, 2010 2:22 pm

When I got my car, 1976 Malibu Classic 4-door, there was headlight issues, I finally got a sealed beam halogean and went to change the bulb. During the process of removing the old one, I broke a headlight adjustment screw. Finally, recently I got 8 headlight adjustment screws (about $18 at Rockauto), I replaced the bulb, and headlight adjusting screw(after braking 3 of the 2 of the plastic squares on the headlight adjustment screw). After all that stuff I get in the car turn on the low beams, seems to be working out(bottom two are on) Pull out the button more to turn on highbeams and it didn't work... Any suggestions. I've been told it would be easier to hotwire the wires from the other set of lights, rather than replace the wiring harness.(apperentley it would be too complicated with the non-colorcoded wires) Any help. Thanks for the help
lars
lars
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Headlamp Issues... Empty Re: Headlamp Issues...

Post by dragons_lair59 Sat May 29, 2010 2:44 pm

is dimmer switch on colom or button on floor? that hi low
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Headlamp Issues... Empty s

Post by lars Sat May 29, 2010 2:53 pm

the highbeam switch is on the floor to the left. The pull out button, to turn on the lights is at the left of the steering wheel
lars
lars
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jrsixx Sat May 29, 2010 5:22 pm

Lars, you shouldn't have to pull out the knob more to get the high beams on, just press the switch on the floor. the pull out switch is first click=running lights, second= low beam/high beam with floor switch depressed.

jrsixx
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by lars Mon May 31, 2010 2:16 pm

Screwed up when i was thinking, I know you don't pull it out more and i realized it after. Just the high beams don't work on one side.
lars
lars
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Mon May 31, 2010 2:28 pm

the headlight is probably bad u can buy a brand new one from advanced auto parts or auto zone for like 6 or 7 bucks, i just bought 2 new ones lol

also check the plug in the back of that headlight it might be corroded i know the ones on my malibu are going to be replaced when i get it running cuz there all broke
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Mon May 31, 2010 7:08 pm

follow the wires from side to side see if one broke
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down