G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dash restoration: I need another option!

+13
JiMi_DRiX
74Malibu383
Biomedtech
abajc3
Mcarlo77
pila
74MonteCarlo
alleyball4
JB2wheeler
The Dude
1973 454 MONTE
orange Juiced
bigredlaguna
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dash restoration: I need another option! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dash restoration: I need another option!

Post by abajc3 Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:16 am

i feel your frustration! reminds me of last year when my governer gear wore out and i lost the whole july and some august.

did you pay them in advance? cause if you didnt, try to treat them the same way they treat you and pay them sometime in january. and tell them why so, it will make them think

abajc3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Dash restoration: I need another option! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dash restoration: I need another option!

Post by Biomedtech Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:24 am

Been thinking about wrapping mine with carbon fiber, you can get the mat and epoxy off of ebay for relatively cheap.

for example...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140526404087&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Biomedtech
Biomedtech
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:35 pm

HDHugger wrote:I will have to pay somebody to install it. DO NOT TRUST DASH REPLACEMENTS!

I will keep you posted on the outcome....

Jacki I know its a long haul but If you had a way to get me to the car I would install for it you ,,,,, just supply the lunch and the 6 pack needed to do it

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by HDHugger Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Hmmm... that would be 2 hours each way... picking you up, driving back to Jackson, taking you back to Illinois and then driving back home... 8 hours and a lot of gas because I am driving the truck for a few weeks... I'm going to have to pass on that one, but thanks for the offer!

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:18 pm

Sorry to hear. That sucks. If you don't mind me asking, what did they quote you? I'm curious to compare JustDashes' pricing.
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by JiMi_DRiX Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 pm

I recently fixed some small holes in a dash pad I am repairing. I used this 3M stuff. It goes into a gun like of like a caulking gun, but its made for this double tube. It sets up pretty quick, but I think if you're good with it and do a lot of homework and prep, you could fix a dash pad with it. Sand it smooth, even texture it, dye it.

3M 05895
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:14 pm

that looks just like the stuff they used On Blue Collar Buick

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by HDHugger Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:30 pm

$750, which would have been a great deal if they delivered on time or had any professionalism at all. And I haven't seen their work yet. I will let you know the end results.

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshall.Pixley Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:50 pm

dang i need one of those dashes! i should go to ohio lol
Marshall.Pixley
Marshall.Pixley
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:39 pm

Rago
Looked into leather...Nice option and Fiberglass also but after considerable research and aggravation over pricing and leadtimes I've decided on this...I was recently quoted and I'm going with a semi-custom dash pad. I was quoted $120.00 for an A/C style pad formed without the center speaker...a 2 week special order plus shipping of course which in my case is $30.00. I thought this was reasonable considering I've contacted everyone and no other company would even quote it that way. I can give you the info in a PM (only because I don't know if he want's his name plastered over the internet). With the center speaker was cheaper...forget how much but that too was reasonable I'm guessing $105 or $110...pretty average. I'll post some pics but have not ordered it yet, hoping to next month.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by HDHugger Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:28 pm

Well, the dash has finally been shipped and should be here Monday. Tomorrow I am taking the car in so they can tell me exactly where it's leaking the oil and tranny fluid from... getting other dash parts cleaned off (35 years worth of dust!) and hopefully getting the swivel buckets in before the end of August. It's going to be a lot of work and the summer will be over before I know it. Let's just hope I can drive it ALL of next summer!

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2