G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New dash bezel installed

5 posters

Go down

New dash bezel installed Empty New dash bezel installed

Post by Pontichev327 Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:05 pm

I scored a perfect looking dash bezel on ebay for 50.00! Thank you Dagr81 from Pittsburg if you are a member here!! Mine was in ok shape, but the chrome rings had been painted with model paint sometime in the past (NOT GOOD) and now it just looks like brand new. The woodgrain is a different color, but i already had a radio surround in that color, so i changed that too. I believe there must have been 3 different woodgrains on the Pontiac Grand Prix and Grand Am, maybe they changed it after 75 or something..? I put on a couple of pics of the original "crossfire african mahogony" dash that is in my 61,00 mile 75 Grand Am for comparison (That is the Saddle interior). It seems to be different than the walnut looking trim that was on my 73 Grand Am. . It is definately not the same as the one I just installed on that 73 with the Red interior. The wood is more reddish and I have seen that dash color on 1976 -77 Grand Prix's a lot. Anyone know what wood came on what car/ year? Also, I need a rear defrost switch for the red 73, to fill the hole on the right side next to the a/c controls...Anyone have this switch in good shape? There is a good shot of one in the saddle interior pics. New dash bezel installed Interi18New dash bezel installed Interi19New dash bezel installed Interi20New dash bezel installed Interi21
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

New dash bezel installed Empty Re: New dash bezel installed

Post by 77mali Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:01 am

Nice! Love those Poncho clusters with the Tach (no offense to the clocks). Hard as heck to find stuff that nice for such a reasonable price. Good score.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:48 am

I could take a look around the GP's sitting up here. I did come across a Pulse Wiper switch on one the other day if you are interested in upgrading.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:59 am

Thanks! it was a nice score!! I am in Phoenix, so i won't be using the wipers enouh to worry about upgrading Laughing .. If ya run accross a defog that fits though, let me know. No hurry though...
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Landonus Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:46 am

Just a personal opinion but I would go with the engine turned steel look. With such a large and flat area you could use vinyl to make it any kind of wood you like.
Landonus
Landonus
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:36 am

Love the lower door panel. Very Happy
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:09 pm

I think an engine turned aluminum panel would look great, but i am more into the original look..it's just what I like. The wood is an actual veneer not a vinyl shelf paper. I guess you could do that, but it would look like wood grained vinyl. Have you seen the new process where they dip an item into a water soluble ink pattern and it transfers to the item? It is really cool, I saw it done at the Goodguys event. They have hundreds of patterns and colors... Check it out. It is called Hydrographics, look it up online. They can do cammo, woodgrains, carbon fiber, skull prints...you name it.

Last edited by Pontichev327 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Pontichev327 Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:11 pm

Hey 73454Monte...Thanks! Those door panels are pretty unique with the bulges for the power locks and windows. That car also has the kick panel mounted litter container on the pass side.New dash bezel installed Interi22

Last edited by Pontichev327 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : picture)
Pontichev327
Pontichev327
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:50 pm

Those litter boxes are cool! I have one in black that's going into my Laguna.

Say...what's the deal again with GP's that have the tach? I've seen them with the displaced clock mounted below the radio. Was that an option at that point?
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:01 pm

Pontichev327 wrote:Hey 73454Monte...Thanks! Those door panels are pretty unique with the bulges for the power locks and windows. That car also has the kick panel mounted litter container on the pass side.New dash bezel installed Interi22

i have one of those lier things somewhere to.

but have always like the unique panels. if only i looked in them 30 years ago,i might have 10 sets of those to
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down