G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chevy Talk pushing me out the door

+9
JB2wheeler
Blonde Angel
' HARRY '
74MonteCarlo
corvette_jeff
Limey SE
badbiscayne66
BlackChevelleSS
Hydro King
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chevy Talk pushing me out the door Empty Chevy Talk pushing me out the door

Post by Blonde Angel Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:14 am

I have been a part of G3GM for a couple months, and I have been on chevy talk for about 9. Lately I have been putting up with a lot of disrespectful members and downright rude people. I want to just leave, but then again when Hydro King and I finish our chevelle, I want to be able to post pics of the finale progress...
The problem started when I wanted to post a thread about the 3 officers lives that were taken here in california some time back. I had my husband write it out for me, and i guess there was some punctuation mistakes. This member started ridiculing me, name calling my husband and calling us ignorant. After that b.s. I posted a thread asking why topics get locked all the time. The answers I got were all two face, and then that thread got locked!!! By this time i was just pissed, so i posted yet another thanking the members who didn't stab me in the back and supported my threads, even making a joke at myself for always getting my threads locked. In return the founder of the site threatened to boot me off. To make matters worse, the thread about me asking why threads get locked, the founder changed the title to poke fun at me, and others started making jabs and jokes as well. I got really upset because I was being picked on for no reason, and then my threads were being tampered with. I wanted to go chill at this site and see what you guys thought about my problem... All opinions are wanted and welcomed!! Very Happy
Blonde Angel
Blonde Angel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Chevy Talk pushing me out the door Empty Re: Chevy Talk pushing me out the door

Post by Limey SE Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:22 am

welcome home where ya belong and no need to go back let them see it in the mags when your done with it, and ponder why they are such ass's. for there are members here that frequent there as well. dont give them the pleasure of your disgust just dont go back. Its like the little playground games over there that's why i am here mostly. And as far as them ridaculing you guy's who cares it's just bringing you down to there level ENUF SAID

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Blonde Angel Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:24 am

gotcha Limey, thanks for the feedback!!!! Very Happy
Blonde Angel
Blonde Angel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ' HARRY ' Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:12 am

I'll second that, Limey. Took me 8 years and 8,500 posts to finally wise up and throw in the towel at CT. Bottom line...... There are lots of good folks over there and I've made many friends over the years.

But...... As the old saying goes (loosely translated from the Yiddish)...... 'The fish rots from the head down.' Meaning that in any organization, the person in charge sets the tone. And CT is no exception.

And thanks for letting me know about this forum, Blonde Angel. Think I'm going to like it here! Very Happy

Best regards,

Harry
' HARRY '
' HARRY '
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:50 am

I kinda feel it's my fault for getting your topic name changed. I was the first person to mention avocado green. Though, Tony had no right to change your topic name, I was the first person to mention avocado green.

Sorry Sad

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:52 am

They must be deletin stuff because i read stuff over there everday but never saw it
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydro King Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:39 am

All I did was say "I was not going to post there anymore", and the moderator locked me out from signing into the forum, I could not even private message my friends on the forum.
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by ' HARRY ' Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:28 pm

Kyle its not your fault. Don't blame yourself for what someone else did out of malicious mean spiritedness.

Badbiscayne, unless you follow certain threads and posts minute by minute and hour by hour on the off topic forum there, its easy to miss.

Hydro King, it was Tony. Not the moderator. Moderators at CT do not have that authority without Tony's express approval. Nor do they want it.

FWIW...... I am not here to bash CT nor anyone who posts there. I have lots of friends who still post there and they are good folks. My advice to anyone who posts at CT is to stay away from the off topic forum and stick to the automotive forums.

Nuff said,

Harry

Last edited by CT expat on Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
' HARRY '
' HARRY '
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:49 pm

Harry i will say this if i see one person pull any context form this site in a derogatory manner they will be insta-banned from there IP address not just there name. For everyone knows my deal why I am not there anymore as well. We welcome all here and there should not be things taken to there just to stir the pot even more. And also the Moderator you speak of is a member here as well, so if that's the game he wants to play he can enjoy his time elsewhere.

This site was started by a man who has a vision of a stress free place to come un-wind and talk to/ about the G3's and the people that own them so with that being said .........SAVE THE DRAMA FOR YOUR MAMA AND SIT BACK AND ENJOY THE RIDE

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by ' HARRY ' Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:39 pm

Very Happy Thanks, Limey. Appreciate your saying that. FWIW, I left CT voluntarily after 8 years and 8,500 posts because of personal differences with the site owner. I am not aware of why you left, but I am sure it was for good reason.

Regarding the Moderators there, they are good guys and I have had no problems with any of them in all the years I was there. The Moderator I cautioned Blonde Angel about gave her grief when she first came to the off topic forum over there. Happens to nearly every woman who joins CT. And that Moderator is not a 'he'.

I would like to make a fresh start here and leave CT and all the unnecessary drama and trauma there behind. I apologize for even bringing it up. As far as that goes, my screen name here at G3GM may be provocative in itself. So I would like to change it to either 'enigma57'...... Or just 'Harry' if that is OK. Not sure how to do that, but if you can assist me, I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Harry
' HARRY '
' HARRY '
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:54 pm

It does not matter where you go to on the internet, there will be some wise acre causing trouble. I have had my differances at CT, but I take it with a grain of salt and I recieve a lot more enjoyment mixing with the many good people there than the grief I recieve from the troublemakers. There was one big troublemaker that was "persuaded" to leave recently over there, and he came back after a talk with Tony and he is a completely differant person. Tony is like everybody else, he has his good points and bad points. He is primerly there to make a living and I dont like that, but he invested his money to make the site so I overlook it. EVERYBODY, stop thinking about bad experiences on the net and just forget it and get on with laying two long black stripes down the middle of the road! JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:05 pm

CT expat wrote:Very Happy Thanks, Limey. Appreciate your saying that. FWIW, I left CT voluntarily after 8 years and 8,500 posts because of personal differences with the site owner. I am not aware of why you left, but I am sure it was for good reason.

Regarding the Moderators there, they are good guys and I have had no problems with any of them in all the years I was there. The Moderator I cautioned Blonde Angel about gave her grief when she first came to the off topic forum over there. Happens to nearly every woman who joins CT. And that Moderator is not a 'he'.

I would like to make a fresh start here and leave CT and all the unnecessary drama and trauma there behind. I apologize for even bringing it up. As far as that goes, my screen name here at G3GM may be provocative in itself. So I would like to change it to either 'enigma57'...... Or just 'Harry' if that is OK. Not sure how to do that, but if you can assist me, I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Harry
it was not a good reason but hey we all learnt from it...................ALL TAKEN CARE OF HARRY And thanks for joining up once again !!

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by ' HARRY ' Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:12 pm

Chevy Talk pushing me out the door Wink2Chevy Talk pushing me out the door Thumbup Thanks, Limey! Really appreciate the welcome here.

Very Happy I agree, JB. There are just some places that look a lot better in your rear view mirror. Glad to be here and ready to make a fresh start. BTW, I saw Dino's supportive post to Blonde Angel over there. I have no way to contact him as I don't log in there anymore. But if you have occasion to chat with him, please tell him I thought that was a great thing he did. Takes guts to stand up for what is right and not follow the crowd. I respect that. A lot!

Well, this is Blonde Angel's thread and I have digressed. Sorry about that. Didn't mean to get off topic here. My most sincere apologies to all.

Best regards,

Harry
' HARRY '
' HARRY '
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:21 pm

no problem harry carry on my friend

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Blonde Angel Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:29 pm

There is this moderator at CT named Grumpy. He was the nicest! He had me call him over me being picked on and said if i ever have another disrespectful member treating me badly to call him. I never called him after that, but he showed that he cared about what was going on. I am not here to bash CT, i just got really wound up, which was my fault for letting them get me that far. But a lot of member on that site all kiss the founders A$$ just to stay in good graces. They say that politics is not welcome there, meanwhile the whole sits social status is based on it.
I enjoy the fact that I can come to this site, join chat box, or off topics and not be ridiculed for stating my opinion. And the crowd here is very mature and respectful. So thanks you guys, I am loving it here!! Very Happy
Blonde Angel
Blonde Angel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blonde Angel Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:31 pm

badbiscayne66 wrote:They must be deletin stuff because i read stuff over there everday but never saw it

oh i wouldn't doubt it. Because if you were reading all the crap on there with the threads i posted, you would have been shocked!
Blonde Angel
Blonde Angel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:32 pm

We're glad to have you here! Very Happy

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Blonde Angel Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:34 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:We're glad to have you here! Very Happy

Me too!!!! I should have just stuck here, instead of trying to give CT another shot. But i am back where i belong! Very Happy Very Happy
Blonde Angel
Blonde Angel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blonde Angel Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:36 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:I kinda feel it's my fault for getting your topic name changed. I was the first person to mention avocado green. Though, Tony had no right to change your topic name, I was the first person to mention avocado green.

Sorry Sad

Don't worry about it! It wasn't your fault. Tony had it for me ever since i pointed out how private messages weren't private. He didn't like having a young car chick standing up for herself and saying what was on her mind, good or bad.
Blonde Angel
Blonde Angel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:38 pm

ya i know the feeling for the private (NOT SO PRIVATE) MESSAGE'S lmao

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Blonde Angel Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:41 pm

Limey aka Maligoon wrote:ya i know the feeling for the private (NOT SO PRIVATE) MESSAGE'S lmao

Yeah say no more limey we both know what i am talking about!!! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Blonde Angel
Blonde Angel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:35 pm

Although I have no problems with CT, I did get mad when they allow everyone to have websites in there signatures, then when I put G3GM.Com it gets deleted.
The place is alright, I joined just because it was the only forum I knew of that had people with G3 Chevelles. When a couple of my posts and other peoples posts got deleted because of their weird policys, I decided to make this website so all of the G3'ers could get together and share their parts and share information with other G3 owners.
You wont see any deleted posts here because it has a link to an ebay ad or anything of this nature. I really hope you enjoy it here, we dont have many rules and strive to keep the place clean, fun, informative, and enjoyable for everyone.

Chevy Talk pushing me out the door SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:40 pm

I just read the car stuff seldom post over there ......I like it here.....
I am a little bit of a smart A$$ Razz Suspect but mostly in fun
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by badbiscayne66 Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:15 pm

went and read some off topic stuff!!!!!! Just stupid!!!!!!!
I just dont get it the hamb is the same way people get jumped on for no reason ...I like peoples cars just not necessarily people!!!
badbiscayne66
badbiscayne66
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by coreys73chevelle Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:55 pm

F@#$ ChevyTalk I never joined and never will, cant seem to navagate it and everyones a perfectionist.
coreys73chevelle
coreys73chevelle
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next