G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone want to do a road trip for spring/summer?

+11
jurgenday
Tom77
Biomedtech
JB2wheeler
77mali
dynchel
Pontichev327
jerry46765
DoctorLarry
Wallyuph
Brainstain
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anyone want to do a road trip for spring/summer? Empty Anyone want to do a road trip for spring/summer?

Post by driveit Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:56 am

I have been wanting to do this for some time now.  I sent an email to the president of Somernites Cruise today.  The email is below if you want to read it.  I am trying to arrange a G3 featured event for the cruise.  Would anyone be able to come next year if it could be arranged?

Hello,

My name is Chris.  I love Somernite Cruise and love coming to every event I can.  I wanted to get in touch with you today in regard to the featured cars at each event.  I would like to inquire as to whether it would be possible to have a month for Generation 3 GM A Body cars.  I am a member of a forum called G3GM that is devoted to those cars.  We seem to always get left out of everything.  I guess that is why they call that 73-77 Chevelle the Forgotten Chevelle.  I have noticed that there have been a few more coming to the shows as of late and I think it would be an awesome thing to feature these cars and let everyone see what these cars are and that we are just as passionate about them as they are there carmaros, mustangs and others.

I hope I hear something back from you soon and I hope that I that this is something that can be made to happen.  I will do my best to advertise the event if it could be arranged.

Thank you and God bless,
Chris

Last edited by driveit on Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Anyone want to do a road trip for spring/summer? Empty Re: Anyone want to do a road trip for spring/summer?

Post by Brainstain Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:20 am

Depending on the date I would be interested.

Brainstain
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Anyone want to do a road trip for spring/summer? Empty Re: Anyone want to do a road trip for spring/summer?

Post by driveit Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:45 am

They don't start until April and I just sent out the email today, but I do hope to hear something back soon.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:27 pm

OK. Got an email back from the president. Here is what he said.

Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. We also appreciate your support of Somernites Cruise.

I agree that the 3rd Gen A bodies are forgotten. I personally love them and had more fun in them growing up than I can remember. Whether is was the mid 70's Chevelles, El Caminos or more often then not, Cutlasses, It seems we were always running around in one of them.(gotta love the swivel buckets!!).

With that said, for us to have a specialty area for any given make or model, we need to have a planned participation of around 150 to 200 cars. I'm not sure that we can get that kind of participation.

However, I will bring your suggestion to our board for discussion when we start planning for the 2014 season.

Thanks again for your support of our event and we look forward to seeing you in 2014!!

Keith
(I always loved my '74 triple black 442!!Wish I still had it!!)

I don't think we could get enough to show, but I do know that they allow special parking for clubs. I am sure that if we could get a group together that we could all park in the same area and get a special announcement.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainstain Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:11 pm

150-200 cars is almost the whole forum! Lol

Brainstain
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:26 pm

Brainstain wrote:150-200 cars is almost the whole forum! Lol
There are over 1000 members, now "active" members is a different story.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:06 am

Where is this event held?
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:11 pm

Somerset KY, which is south-central KY. Thats just a hop and a skip and a jump from Minn. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:51 pm

Yep, 821 miles from St. Paul. Just a stone's throw. Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainstain Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:51 pm

I can make it to Beech Bend in Bowling Green in 3-1/2 hours from Indy. So however close that is.. Lol

Brainstain
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:32 am

Thank JB! Yes it is in Somerset Ky. I wish that I could get some kind of meeting setup so that we could all get together at some point. I would love to check out everyone's cars. In person I have only saw 6 Chevelles and one laguna. The only others I have saw have been online.

I was talking with my wife and considdering a road trip in the Chevelle next Spring/Summer if I could get my OD tranny that I have been wanting. I am only about 500$ away from it... Anyway. I was just thinking that if no one would be able to make it here where would be the best place for all of us to get together. The most central location so no one person has to drive too much more than the others. Anyone know of any shows we could go to like that?
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:36 am

Does that mean that no one is interested?
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainstain Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:11 am

I am, if nothing else just to go down there for a day.

Brainstain
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:17 am

Do you know if there is any kind of a map that shows where all of the members are located?
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:54 am

I went to Cordova race track two years ago to meet up with some G3 people. Other than the 3 other cars that came with me no one showed up. It rained but not a wash out. Never saw another car all the way there and back. So I'm a little gun shy if you know what I mean now. 355 miles one way and no one shows. I took this to prove we were there.
Anyone want to do a road trip for spring/summer? <a href=Anyone want to do a road trip for spring/summer? Img_0310" />

Does that look like a rain out in the photo to you.
As I have said before my cars get driven thats what they are for.

Sorry still ticks me off a bit. Just wanted to meet some other G3 guys and not be a lone wolf.

I'm done winning now.

Wally
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorLarry Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:14 am

When is it?

DoctorLarry
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:44 am

I'd love to -- just not sure if/when time would permit it. For me it'd be just under 600 miles.

Truth to tell, though, haven't taken her on a road trip even close to that in 20 years, so I also have a little trepidation that we'd make it. No specific reason we shouldn't, just that nagging Murphy's-Law feeling. Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:50 am

I've had my car for 19 years and have never taken further than 50 miles from home.  It sounds like it would be fun but i'm on the shore of lake erie, the show is in southern ky,  Not to make excuses but my 373 gears, no heater, and exhaust dumping 3 feet from my head don't really make for a good road trip car.Crying or Very sad
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:38 am

I am talking about all of us meeting somewhere else. So that no one has to drive that far. Just trying to get ideas for a show somewhere that is somewhat central to most of us that would come.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:54 am

Seeing as we're scattered from MA to AZ and WA to FL, you're probably as central as it gets. Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:06 pm

thatfnthing wrote:Seeing as we're scattered from MA to AZ and WA to FL, you're probably as central as it gets. Smile
i was kind of thinking the same thing.Smile
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:30 pm

oh... Short road trip for me!
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:37 pm

First off, I would let that poor guy know that we would be lucky to get 15-20, let alone 150-200.

It's 270 miles via interstate for me and the car I would bring has 4.10s.

What general time/date are we thinking?

Thanks -
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:03 pm

jerry46765 wrote:First off, I would let that poor guy know that we would be lucky to get 15-20, let alone 150-200.  
I think that's changed. I think we're all going to driveit's house now. Smile
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:03 pm

My health gets worse every day. My back is so bad I have almost constant pain now in my lumbar regine and have pain that runs all the way down my right leg. My Elkie no longer has insurance in effect and stays parked all the time. If anyone wants to stop in to shoot the bull, I am always home now. Might even let you drive an uninsured car. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next