G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cruise control diaphragm replacement

4 posters

Go down

cruise control diaphragm replacement Empty cruise control diaphragm replacement

Post by dhw3971 Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:21 pm

So the rubber vacuum diaphragm on my car has disintegrated and me no longer have cruise control. I'm not yet having luck searching the WWW for these parts...anyone got a line on where I can find them?
dhw3971
dhw3971
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

cruise control diaphragm replacement Empty Re: cruise control diaphragm replacement

Post by thatfnthing Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:28 pm

Never had the factory cc, but it's part of the transducer, yes?

http://www.cardone.com/Products/Product-Detail?productId=36101&p=rock

Rockauto has them for about $67.00. Doesn't look like you can get just the diaphragm.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

cruise control diaphragm replacement Empty Re: cruise control diaphragm replacement

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:38 pm

he needs the rubber boot that goes on the other part
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by dhw3971 Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:59 pm

yes! The rubber boot....that's what I need.
dhw3971
dhw3971
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:12 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-1967-CHEVROLET-CHEVELLE-SS-IMPALA-CAPRICE-GM-CRUISE-SPEED-CONTROL-/121387181166?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c433d646e&vxp=mtr

im not sure if this is close to it

1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by dhw3971 Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:23 pm

That looks dang close...I'll take a photo of it and that will make things clearer.
dhw3971
dhw3971
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:39 pm

These Servos look similar, but I know the mtg brackets and distance from face of Servo (diaphram) and front bracket where the line is secured are different lengths. I know that's true with Montes vs Chevelles/Malibus by about 1/2" (Montes are longer). Can't be sure if that can be compensated via some sort of adjustment to the linkage.

I happen to know of a '77 Malibu wagon at one yard I visit periodically that has cruise on it. I could check that one out if you'd like. Not sure how soon I'll be getting out there (need some other guys on here to give me their "wish lists" to justify the trip...ha). If I do that, you may as well save your money on buying that headlight warning buzzer you mentioned on the other thread as I could grab one of those, too.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down