G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E85 Conversion

+3
bracketchev1221
77mali
Wallyuph
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

E85 Conversion - Page 2 Empty Re: E85 Conversion

Post by alowerlevel Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:58 pm

driveit wrote:That is getting close to what I would be wanting.  I want around 400 hp.  I was just wondering if anything came out with an LS that was close to 400 already.

400 crank hp isnt hard with an ls motor, like dynchel said the lq9 (6.0l) from the escalade was rated at 345hp but they are $$$$ if you find one ($1500+ around me). But its not hard to make 400+ crank hp with a much cheaper 5.3.

alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:29 pm

5.3 sounds like the way to go. Does anyone on here know anything about building a chassis?
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by alowerlevel Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:35 pm

driveit wrote:5.3 sounds like the way to go.  Does anyone on here know anything about building a chassis?

Unless your looking to go all out for a road course/autocross car, building a new frame is going to cost alot compared to what you will get in return.
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:38 pm

I think you would be better off to look at putting in an overdrive transmission if you don't have one now. Less fabrication/parts hunting involved. A 2004R is basically a R&R exercise, and a 700r4 just needs the driveshaft shortened a bit.

The key to getting any engine to use less fuel is to lower the rpm while cruising. I think the ls engine is one of the best OHV V8's in the world and is a good idea for an upgrade, but it sounds like you need this car on a daily basis and the trans upgrade can be done in an afternoon and provide immediate benefits. The engine swap simply needs more planning and without overdrive may not give you much of a savings in fuel consumption anyway. Good luck!
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2