G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with skyroof option

3 posters

Go down

Help with skyroof option  Empty Help with skyroof option

Post by bitterfitter Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:15 pm

I am having an issue and I'm hoping you guys can help. I am having a problem with the headliner for the skyroof. Body manual says put sliding roof panel back and install headliner in lower track. My problem is that the headliner only slides back until it hits the front panel sliders which slide on top and bottom of the track. There is not enough room in the lower track for the headliner panel and the sliders. What am I missing here?

bitterfitter
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Help with skyroof option  Empty Re: Help with skyroof option

Post by LagunaCrusin Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:49 pm

I am currently rebuilding a skyroof in my 74 Laguna S-3. Not sure I fully understand what you are asking but the Headliner fabric doesn't tuck into the lower track of the side rails. That is for only the skyroof headliner trim panel. The headliner fabric only wraps around the sheet metal edge opening and is covered by a trim piece.

I could send you some pics of how mine goes back together if you'd like. I plan on doing it this weekend.
LagunaCrusin
LagunaCrusin
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by bitterfitter Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:14 pm

Thanks for the reply but I did get it finally. I have the headliner correct. It was the trim panel that was super tight getting into place for me. I closed up my sliders a hair and it just fit. I would have liked more clearance but I guess it will work.

bitterfitter
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bitterfitter Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:16 pm

I have a few random parts left if you need anything. Smile

bitterfitter
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LagunaCrusin Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:37 pm

Glad to hear you got it back together. Not the best design. Thanks for the offer on parts. I will keep that in mind. Would you have an extra supply of clutch washers or know where to get them? I have 4 in there now and think I will need more. I'll know for sure when I get it back together.
LagunaCrusin
LagunaCrusin
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by bitterfitter Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:46 pm

I do not have any clutch washers. Actually I'm not even using any and mine works pretty good. I would think they are maybe like nylon washers? Something to allow a little give when it's turning?

bitterfitter
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LagunaCrusin Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:34 pm

They are actually very thin metal washers but not any standard ID or OD.. They depress the clutch in the manual crank hole to regulate the slip if somethimg binds. I'll figure something out. Thanks.
LagunaCrusin
LagunaCrusin
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:36 pm

Isn't that called a sun roof ? Have one in an S-10 pickup,that was installed by previous owner..

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by LagunaCrusin Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:44 pm

Chevrolet called them skyroofs in the 70's. Typical term is sunroof but these are not glass but steel panels.
LagunaCrusin
LagunaCrusin
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down