oil pressure port

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: oil pressure port

Post by crice63 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:45 pm

I'm moving to the inside work now. What is the best wire from which to get power for my oil pressure gauge? I still have to do radio too.

Also, there are three connections in the printed circuit board for the tachometer. I thought I would run the signal wire directly from the gauge to the distributor, but should I run it from the main instrument panel connector instead? Also, should I be concerned to find some kind of tachometer filter? (this is a stock tach from a forum member).

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:51 am

For the oil gauge, you can tap into the IGN port on the fuse box. The gauge draws very little.

thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:34 am

I tapped into that, I think, for all of my gauges. It was one of the open spades on the fuse block and powers all of the gauges just fine. They only receive power when the ignition is on.

I ran tach wire from the distributor and plugged it into the dash harness so the tach gets its signal through the circuit board and it works fine. I did change out my guts with a late '70's Corvette tach guts, the tach face used to be a large fuel gauge as well. I have a filter on it but I don't think it does anything for the performance of the tach.

Info thread on tachs.
http://www.g3gm.com/t8625-dead-tach-need-tach-filter
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2